As a senior member of the Purchase Squad, you will work as a full stack engineer to design and build products that have a direct impact on organizational growth. The scope of your work will enable learners to access and benefit from edX premium content, ultimately helping learners achieve their professional goals.
Headquartered in the heart of Cambridge’s Technology Square, all employees of edX are currently fully remote. The earliest possible in-office date for this developer team would be September 1, 2021. Fully remote workers would need to live in one of the following states to be considered: MA, CO, CT, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VT
- Design, develop, and deploy full-stack web software solutions using Python, Django, and React.
- Work with the engineering and product teams to generate engineering project specifications
- Manage your own time and priorities to help lead engineering team projects to completion.
- Use your expertise to help design and break down features for more junior team members.
- Learn from your coworkers and share your knowledge with them through tech. talks, interest groups, company-wide demos, and hackathons.
- Take ownership of parts of edX’s code base, including helping to prioritize, to diagnose and to fix bugs
- Between 4-8 years of software development experience (more or less)
- A proven ability to pick up new technologies on the job
- Strong written communication skills
- A proactive work style, with the willingness to actively seek out where there might be gaps in what needs to be done without having details handed to you
- Enthusiasm for Agile/Scrum processes
- Prior experience or interest in DevOps/Site Reliability Engineering
- Prior experience with Docker would be helpful
- Prior experience and opinions about frontend frameworks like Vue.js, Angular, React, or Backbone
Why you’ll like it here:
- edX is collaborative at its core. You’ll work within your team and across the organization, allowing for continuous learning and discovery.
- We’re on a mission to unlock our learners potential on a global level, seeking to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive world.
- We set outcomes that matter and provide value in all that we do, from building meaningful products to serving the edX community.
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.