We are seeking a senior-level engineer to join the product delivery team that enables the success of edX institutional partners. In this role, you will focus on improving engineering velocity and efficiencies for the rest of your team members. You will partner closely with the team and support strategic changes that will positively impact our infrastructure, improve scalability and the observability of our features. As a result, you will enable faster feature delivery and increased customer impact.
The Program Administration Squad works with university partners and course teams to improve the quality and results of edX's online programs. The team is currently comprised of 5 product engineers.
Headquartered in the heart of Cambridge's Technology Square, all employees of edX are currently fully remote. While the earliest possible in-office date would be September 1, we would consider someone interested in a fully remote role. Fully remote workers would need to live in one of the following states to be considered: MA, CO, CT, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VT.
- Work with product and engineering leadership to understand new team initiatives
- Align with the product engineering team to understand development efficiency issues, gaps, and improvement areas
- Improve and develop the engineering infrastructure to make it easier to deliver features for our customers
- Previous experience improving the efficiency of development teams
- A keen eye for process improvement, with the ability to see slowdowns in development
- An understanding of data relationships and its optimal form within microservice architecture
- Direct and concise communication that will help others see important messages and enable easy prioritization
- Experience with scaled microservices
- Experience with CI/CD and Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Written and verbal engineering communications
Why you’ll like it here:
- edX is collaborative at its core. You’ll work within your team and across the organization, allowing for continuous learning and discovery.
- We’re on a mission to unlock our learners potential on a global level, seeking to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive world.
- We set outcomes that matter and provide value in all that we do, from building meaningful products to serving the edX community.
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with:
- Employee on-boarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.