We all know that starting a new job is exciting but also stressful! This position is at the center of onboarding all new edX employees and handling their transition and questions with care. You are the face of edX to new hires, getting to know them as they begin their journey with us, In addition, you are a valuable contributor to the HR and Benefits team, helping them run smoothly, providing consistency, and ensuring nothing falls through the cracks. As a core component of the day-to-day operations of HR at edX, you’ll see a variety of projects that support edXers across the organization.
The Human Resources and Talent Acquisition (HRTA) team is responsible for the employee experience at edX from the interview and offer stages throughout an employee’s time at the company. You’ll report to our Senior Manager of Human Resources, who oversees our HR/Benefits team. Beyond working within HRTA, you’ll also work cross-functionally with Payroll, IT, and employees across the company.
- Provide administrative support across the HR/Benefits function, including HRIS data entry, benefits administration, onboarding, timesheets, and maintaining personnel files
- Work cross-functionally with IT, Payroll, and Recruiting to ensure all new hires are onboarded in a timely manner and prepared for their start date
- Act as the first point of contact on all new hire questions, triaging to HR, Benefits, IT and Payroll as needed
- Schedule new hire orientation, benefits orientation, and all new hire check-ins
- Assist in assigning and tracking employee trainings
- Manage our timesheets instance, including ensuring all timesheets are entered for Payroll by the deadline each week, working with our external vendors, and resolving questions about pay and logistics
- Develop ad hoc and scheduled reports, based on HR and business needs
- Process edX Course requests, peer-to-peer spot awards, employment verifications, employee referral payments, workers compensation and unemployment
- Provide assistance with tracking leaves of absence
- Present new hires and work anniversaries at our company all hands
- Have additional opportunities to present to new hires in our edX orientation program
- Be assigned ad hoc HR projects that enhance the edX employee experience and further the HR strategy
- 1+ years of experience in human resources, people operations, customer service or similar field
- Superb attention to detail and time management skills required
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills required
- An ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities
- An aptitude for working with confidential data and information
- Bias towards action and a tenacity for meeting deadlines and deliverables
- Experience with Excel
- HRIS experience (Dayforce is a plus; any are preferred!)
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available. Candidates must be local to Massachusetts.