The Senior Partner Marketing Manager is a critical component of the edX Brand Marketing team, tasked with developing and implementing an edX Partner Marketing strategy that will activate and inspire our university and industry partners. You will work with internal and external stakeholders to develop specific partner marketing plans and beneficial partner marketing toolkits. These plans and toolkits will drive partner awareness and adoption of edX’s strategic initiatives including new product lines (e.g., credentials), business strategies (e.g., subscription model), and content acquisition priorities. Success in this role means that you've developed an innate understanding of the edX ecosystem from a product and strategy perspective, which allows you to enable our partners in such a way that they're consistently up to date on edX's happenings and they're well-equipped to engage with their audiences. Curiosity, a creative mindset, and relationship management are key.
Brand Marketing at edX is dedicated to driving and leading the global brand's marketing strategy for all products and audiences across edX. You'll report into our Senior Director of Brand Marketing, who heads up the team; other components of the Brand Marketing team are Communications, Content Marketing, and Social Media.
You will develop cohesive cross-functional relationships and work closely with our Partner Success, Product, and Partnerships teams, and collaborate with various teams within Marketing.
- Drive partner enablement:
- Develop, implement and maintain marketing toolkits to enable partner marketing efforts to drive mutual business value and lead generation, such as templates and sample copy.
- Define partner marketing KPIs and implement regular reporting and analysis to track success.
- Own partner communications:
- Develop and implement a communication strategy to manage our partner community and improve awareness of the edX brand and key company initiatives.
- Work closely with the Partner Success team to deliver quarterly partner business reviews, including the creation of reports, presentations, and key messages.
- Create content and identify communication vehicles to support the efforts of the Partner Success and content acquisition teams, such as presentations, newsletters, in-person and virtual events, and announcements.
- Act as the main interface between the Partner Success and Product Marketing and brand teams.
- Support new edX partners:
- Support partner success in new partner onboarding process.
- Create marketing plans to support and enable new member partnerships.
- 10+ years of marketing experience (client-facing, product marketing or program management experience a plus), ideally within higher education and/or ed-tech
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, lending to unparalleled relationship building skills with internal and external stakeholders
- A customer-focused mindset, innovative ideas, and a deep appreciation for edX’s mission
- Passion for results, measurement, and optimization, with a capacity to relentlessly adjust as necessary to improve performance
- Ability to think out of the box and test new, creative approaches and strategies
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- A track record of being highly collaborative, with excellence in building cross-functional relationships and alignment across diverse stakeholders
- A global mindset; international experience from a client, partner, or market perspective
- Bilingual (Spanish preferred)
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.