edX’s Learning Solutions Consultant is the first role of its kind, developed with the goal of enabling our partners to build the best learning experience possible. You’ll manage identifying the appropriate tools, approach, and scope to deliver courses that best serve our learners and partners. With a focus on project management, vendor management, and stakeholder management, your work will help edX scale our enablement capabilities for our world-class academic and corporate partners.
The Learning Solutions Consultant is part of the Learning team, which is responsible for enabling edX partners to design and deliver the highest quality courses and programs on edx.org. You’ll report to our VP of Learning, who heads up the team, and manages two Learning Designers, as well. The Learning team is incredibly cross-functional, working with our Content and Partner Success team and Product Management, along with working directly with our partners from the faculty to C-suite or Provost level.
- Develop a keen knowledge of our course creation and facilitation processes and the various tools, teams, and software that support them
- Collaborate with academic and corporate partners to discover the requirements and the goals of the course, and subsequently map these to the appropriate tools and vendors to bring the course to life
- Serve as the point person for our vendor relationships, including negotiations, evaluations, and managing efficiencies
- Create scopes of work at the start of each project, complete with timelines, budget, and stakeholder identification, which will be reviewed by our Legal team and the partner
- Project manage each engagement effectively, internally with our Content and Partner Success team, and externally with vendors and faculty, providing consistent status updates and staying on top of deadlines and budget
- Manage a quality assurance process to ensure a high-quality learning experience
- Balance several (up to two dozen) projects in flight, at varying stages with varying complexity
- Analyze our ROI for insights and continuously improve our process based on learnings from each engagement
- Provide feedback to our product teams regarding areas of opportunity for updates to our platform
- 5+ years of experience managing consulting engagements or large-scale projects
- Fantastic stakeholder management skills, including managing outside vendors
- Advanced knowledge of project management best practices, with an orientation towards details and deadlines, staying organized, and an ability to balance tactical and strategic priorities
- A proactive mindset with an ability to think several steps ahead, along with tenacity a bias towards action
- Curiosity, a collaborative nature, and a drive to solve problems
- Comfort with ambiguity, paired with flexibility, as this is a new and evolving role
- Experience with project management software and tools for managing project scopes and budgets, such as Excel, JIRA, Trello
- Background working in the higher ed or education technology space
- Knowledge of Learning Management Software, ideally with Open edX
- Knowledge of learning design principles and best practices
- Salesforce knowledge, or other CRM/database software
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available. Candidates must be local to Massachusetts.