We’re looking for an exceptional business-focused data analyst to drive better decision making across edX and for our partners. As a Sr. Data Analyst on the cross-functional Enterprise team, you’ll support our emerging workforce development product, edX For Business, which encourages upskilling and reskilling in the workplace.
This is an opportunity to create tremendous business value as we build a world-class data team. You will build reports and conduct analysis to enable cross-functional teams and influence decisions. Improving the use of data is one of edX’s top strategic priorities. Your work will have a major and highly visible impact on our mission of providing high-quality education to everyone, everywhere.
- Develop, document, automate, and monitor metrics and reports. Design data models and write ETL scripts. Ensure accuracy and alignment with desired business objectives.
- Provide data and analysis to support decisions supporting the advancement of our Enterprise team.
- Identify, implement, and drive adoption of analytics-based solutions to business problems.
- Influence decisions at all levels of the organization, including presenting findings to senior leadership.
- Innovate new ways analysis of data can be used to support the organization and its mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience analyzing real-world data.
- Ability to acquire and manipulate data programmatically, including strong SQL skills and experience with a scripting language such as Python/R.
- Demonstrably strong business orientation and propensity toward action, including significant experience supporting cross-functional teams with a wide range of analyses.
- Ability to draw scientifically robust conclusions from data, and attention to detail.
- Scrappiness, big picture thinking, and interest in solving fuzzy business problems.
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to collaborate closely with others.
Nice to have
- Graduate degree in a quantitative discipline, or an MBA with a strong quantitative bent.
- Experience in a B2B environment.
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI).
How you will grow
- Be part of a highly talented, collaborative, and practical data team that is always teaching and learning from each other.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and with senior leadership on some of edX's highest visibility initiatives.
- Focus your energy on business impact, honing your ability to use data to create quantifiable value for an organization.
- Play a key role in transforming a company early in its analytical journey into a highly sophisticated data-driven organization.
- Solve challenging technical problems involving large volumes of data using cutting-edge tools.
- Dedicate your time at work to furthering an important social cause, and have a big impact on edX's sustainability.
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.