edX seeks a Senior Manager, Product Marketing to fuel our rapidly growing Master’s Degrees segment and MicroMasters programs while working in a dynamic, mission-driven organization. This multifaceted role, reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, will drive business impact by working closely with Digital Marketing, internal cross-functional product line teams, Brand Marketing, and University partners to create growth, awareness, and enrollments. They are responsible for setting marketing strategies to take our experience and optimization efforts to the next level. The role demands an action-oriented leader with a proven capacity to problem solve through ambiguity, masterful storytelling, a stubborn refusal to settle, boldly innovative, and an “always start with the user” mentality. The ideal candidate is an experienced marketer who excels at leading teams and influencing cross-functional stakeholders; whomever fills this role should be just as eager to dive into the data as they are to participate in a creative jam session. This role will manage two direct reports.
- Develop strategic marketing plans to drive growth of both Master’s Degrees on edX and MicroMasters programs portfolios. Work with your team to understand and identify all target audiences, creating the necessary personas to enable optimized marketing
- Drive awareness of Master’s degrees on edX and implementation of a product line/brand refresh of MicroMasters programs
- Define and prioritize quarterly marketing experiments and tactics for each product line to fuel success and continuously improve
- With your team, craft messaging and narratives that ladder up to a cohesive cross-channel customer experience
- Foster a team who are portfolio experts for their product lines and help them to analyze, drive, and communicate to the company the findings and needs for portfolio growth and health
- Create strategic collateral to enable all arms of the company to represent your compelling product lines stories to deliver against goals. Use data and customer research to strengthen value propositions and impact
- Work cross-functionally with Product, UX, Design, and Marketing channel owners to create solutions to drive growth of your product lines
- Expertly motivate, drive, and develop a team of 2 Product Marketing Managers to scale these businesses
- 8+ years of related work experience; 4+ years managing one or more direct reports
- Proven history of growing businesses through product marketing
- Situational fluency, ability to influence and motivate others, and perseverance to handle challenging business situations
- Highly motivated; a self-starter with a "can do" attitude
- Expert product storyteller
- Analytical skills with an ability to translate metrics into actions to continually improve product marketing effectiveness
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- MBA preferred
- Experience in Higher Ed space a nice to have
At edX, a non-profit founded by MIT and Harvard, our mission is to offer a world-class education to everyone, everywhere, allowing them to gain the in-demand skills and knowledge that will lead to career and lifelong success. We are based in Cambridge provide more than 25 million people access to education from the best universities and institutions in the world, including Harvard, MIT, and Oxford. edX offers a highly competitive benefits plan, a pension program, free lunches every day as well as a plethora of other fun perks and access to some of the smartest people on the planet! Are you ready to be a part of our mission?
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.