Are you ready to join a startup that’s transforming education? At edX, our mission is to offer a world-class education to everyone, everywhere, allowing them to gain the in-demand skills and knowledge that will lead to career and lifelong success. Based in Cambridge, nonprofit edX provides more than 20 million people access to education from the best universities and institutions in the world, including Harvard, MIT, and Oxford. edX provides inspirational and transformative knowledge to students of all ages, social status, and income who form worldwide communities of learners.
Does that sound like a company you could work for?
edX seeks a driven product marketer to fuel our rapidly growing Master’s Degrees business and scale our innovative MicroMasters programs Product Line while working in a dynamic, mission-driven organization. Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, the Senior Manager, Product Marketing will drive and develop strategies to attain individual degree lead and enrollment targets as well as create a vision of what each portfolio/product line needs to succeed. The ideal candidate is an action-oriented self-starter who is able to problem solve and work through ambiguity, crafting innovative strategies and solutions to drive product line performance. Whomever fills this role will manage a team of two direct reports today and plan for team expansion as the businesses scale.
- Develop strategic marketing plans to drive growth of both Master’s Degrees on edX and MIcroMasters programs. Work with your team to understand and identify all target audiences, creating the necessary personas to enable optimized marketing.
- Work with the Master’s program management team to set optimal goals for each degree program and MicroMasters programs. Work with the marketing team to implement fully-integrated campaigns to reach those goals.
- Define and prioritize quarterly marketing experiments and tactics for each product line to fuel success and continuously improve.
- With your team, craft messaging and narratives that ladder up to a cohesive cross-channel customer experience.
- Foster a team who are portfolio experts for their product lines and help them to analyze, drive, and communicate to the company the findings and needs for portfolio growth and health.
- Represent edX Marketing to University partners. Craft polished materials to clearly tell the edX and product line stories.
- Create an arsenal of strategic collateral to enable all arms of the company to represent the compelling stories of your product lines to deliver against goals. Use data and customer research to strengthen our value propositions and impact.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, UX, Design, and Marketing channel owners to create solutions to drive growth of your product lines
- Expertly motivate, drive, and develop a team of 2 Product Marketing Managers to scale these businesses. As the businesses scale, recommend further headcount needs to fuel the growth.
- Professional-level marketing experience in higher education.
- 8+ years of related work experience; 4+ years managing one or more direct reports
- Proven history of growing revenue through product marketing for both new and mature product lines
- Situational fluency, ability to influence and motivate others, and perseverance to handle challenging business situations
- Highly motivated; a self-starter with a "can do" attitude
- Expert product storyteller; writing and creating materials, with meticulous attention to detail, for a variety of formats: websites, email, social media, powerpoint, documentation and sales material
- Analytical skills with an ability to translate metrics into actions to continually improve product marketing effectiveness
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.