Click here to watch a quick interview with the hiring manager!
Are you ready to join a startup that’s transforming the education landscape? At edX, we provide world-class education to everyone, everywhere. EdX offers highly driven intellectually ambitious individuals an opportunity to work in a dynamic mission-driven organization.
Partner Support Engineers are integral members of the edX Educational Services team, working on support and satisfaction of our growing global Course Creator community. This diverse community includes Instructors, Teaching Assistants, Instructional Designers, Media Specialists, Engineers, and Data Analysts. Reporting to the Manager of Learner and Partner Support (based in our Cambridge, MA, USA headquarters), the Support Engineer is part of a team focused on helping Course Creators design, develop, and run their courses on edX as seamlessly as possible. This involves proactive communication, reactive troubleshooting, advising, and inspiring our growing base of course creators around the world.
The European Partner Support Engineer will be part of a small co-located team based in Barcelona, and will be asked to collaborate remotely with teams that are based at our Cambridge, MA USA headquarters. For this role, we are looking for someone to work Sunday-Thursday. Sunday can be remote after the new hire's ramp-up period.
Course Creation Support
- Provide in-depth technical product support and guidance to course authors, following SLAs and target performance metrics.
- Serve as an expert in edX products and practices.
- Help develop and disseminate how-to guides, technical tips, and best practices.
- Identify, diagnose, and escalate client-facing bugs, identifying solutions and workarounds wherever possible. Work closely with Product, Documentation, Engineering teams (and more!), advocating for the partner experience.
- Build a credible presence in communication channels with both developers and authors.
- Inform and improve our services through results of our customer satisfaction data, using a data-driven mindset
- Demo product capabilities, and sample solutions, to drive adoption of edX course creation.
- Use product and field knowledge to implement technical solutions for course teams.
- Identify gaps in the course production process, with unnecessary or high workarounds.
- Create value and drive sustainability efforts by analyzing course creator needs, synthesizing information, creating and executing innovative solutions that enhance customer relations.
- Technical: Minimum of three years of experience in services or high-level technical support capacity.
- Start-Up Mentality: Ability to work collaboratively on a small team in a high growth environment. Experience wearing different hats and taking on additional responsibilities outside of your day-to-day responsibilities.
- Data Driven: Comfortable with analytics and reporting; proficient in Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Problem Solver: Strong technical problem-solving skills, especially when working with others.
- Team Player: Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from different backgrounds - Engineers, Customers, Support Reps.
- Resourceful: Comfortable describing learning technology workflow, processes and systems.
- Bias towards action: Showcases strong initiative and self-motivation; effectively juggles multiple priorities while retaining a sense of urgency. Driven to exceed team and individual metrics.
- Communication: Excellent business writing and verbal communication.
Applicants must be able to work out of our Barcelona, Spain office. Visa sponsorship not available.
Please apply with an English resume.