EdX is a non-profit, growth stage eLearning startup with a mission to provide high quality education for everyone, everywhere.
The edX India Sales team is growing and we’re looking for a self-motivated Sales Business Manager to join our team. If you are looking for a sales position that is different than the others...this is it! Leverage your brain power while you sell into organizations that are looking for quality alternatives to educating their workforce. This is a multi-billion dollar industry that is ripe for disruption and edX has the ideal product. Time to apply your consultative selling skills to a market hungry for an improvement in continuing education and employee reskilling.
In this role you will identify, negotiate, and close the sale of bulk access to the edX online education platform. You will close sales that change the way corporations educate their workforce...with the weight of Harvard and MIT behind you.
- Actively contact prospects, both new and assigned, to build a pipeline of business opportunities.
- Key account management. Work closely with existing customers to help achieve their business objectives with edX.
- Independently manage all aspects of each account including regular communication as needed.
- Craft appropriate skills pathways with different mixes of courses.
- Regularly follow-up, aligning with edX support teams for customer success.
- Acquire new accounts through cold-calling, social networks, industry events etc.
- Independently qualify new opportunities provided to you from inbound leads through the sales workflow to bring them on as customers.
- Use Salesforce to record all activity. Use software tools to communicate with colleagues around the world.
- Utilize edX tools to create delivery of courses to customers, which may include providing API functionality, LMS Integration and customer-facing Administration and Utilizations Dashboards etc.
- Monitor the ever changing competitive landscape
Qualification and Skills:
- 3+ years of experience in related Sales with demonstrated ability to understand a wide-ranging product inventory, develop new client relationships, create and negotiate compelling deals, and close contracts.
- B2B experience with mid to large organizations preferred.
- Experience in independently negotiating and closing deals.
- Ability to write and design business cases for management approval preferred.
- Good consensus building and communication skills, for both customer facing and internal edX audiences, to create, promote and define special deals.
- Experience with Learning and Development, Learning Management Systems (LMS) and Corporate Training domain preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented.
- Good listening skills, and have good fact-finding skills to uncover and understand prospect’s needs at a granular level.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and to radiate positivity even while under pressure.
- Flexibility to travel across India and occasionally to the US.
- MBA or comparable experience preferred.
This position will be located remotely.