EdX is a nonprofit educational technology company that provides millions of people from around the globe with access to free education. We offer high-quality classes from the world’s best institutions. We’re backed by Harvard & MIT and located in the heart of Kendall Square in Cambridge. Interested in joining our team?
We are looking to hire a Staff Accountant to join our team! This role will do critical work that keeps our dynamic tech company moving forward. You’ll be driving recurring but challenging daily and monthly work that includes but is not limited to: cash management, fixed assets, prepaids, accruals, ensuring our close is timely and our balance sheet is accurate. You’ll also have the opportunity to shine with routine ad-hoc work that comes up as we grow and face new business opportunities. The ideal candidate will have three plus years hands on experience with emphasis in the areas of cash application and general ledger as well as strong communication skills.
- Daily application of cash from multiple sources (check, wire/ach, paypal, credit card)
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of month-end accounting close functions as assigned including journal entries, fixed assets, prepaids, accruals, and reconciliations as assigned
- Assists with annual internal and external financial audits by producing supporting schedules and documentation
- Ad hoc projects to improve our overall effectiveness as a department to report accurate financial statements
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 3 plus years of full-time experience in a Staff Accountant role or similar accounting position.
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- A high degree of initiative and drive
- Excellent analytical mind, strong technical accounting skills, ability to provide concise and accurate written and verbal responses to questions both internally and externally.
- Strong attention to detail, effective time management skills with ability to prioritize workload to meet demands, process oriented with ability to identify and recommend process enhancements, comfortable in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a strong team of like-minded folks. You’ll work both within the department and with different levels of employees in multiple departments
- Preferred Systems Experience:
- NetSuite (or similar ERP)
- Sales Force
- MS Office (emphasis on strong excel skill set)
edX is an MIT & Harvard funded start-up company that offers a highly competitive benefits plan, a pension program, free lunches every day as well as a plethora of other fun perks and meaningful work! Are you ready to be a part of re-inventing education?
Note: This role may deal with confidential information and/or issues requiring discretion and judgment. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available. Candidates must be able to work out of the Cambridge, MA office.