Want to get to know the hiring manager? Watch a quick interview here.
Senior Data Analyst
We’re looking for an exceptional data analyst to drive better decision making across edX and for our partners.
This is an opportunity to create tremendous business value as we build a world-class data team. Help us improve our organizational data management practices, solve important problems and influence decisions across the organization, and enable cross functional teams. This role will fundamentally improve data visibility, trust, and use across the organization and have a major impact on our mission of providing high quality education to everyone, everywhere.
- Develop, document, automate, and monitor metrics and reports, in close collaboration with business stakeholders.
- Analyze data to support decision making across the organization and for end customers, influencing decisions at all levels of the organization.
- Define data models for our wealth of information that can serve as a central source of truth for reporting and analysis, and build ETLs to populate them.
- Formulate, communicate, and execute organization-wide data quality improvement plans.
- Identify, implement, and drive adoption of analytics-based solutions to business problems. Innovate new ways analysis of data can be used to support the organization and its mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a quantitative discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years of hands on experience in data management and business intelligence, with at least some dimensional modeling experience.
- Ability to acquire and manipulate data programmatically, including advanced knowledge of SQL and basic programming experience.
- Demonstrably strong business orientation and propensity toward action.
- Ability to understand business processes and requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Ability to draw scientifically robust conclusions from data, and attention to detail.
- Scrappiness, big picture thinking, and interest in solving fuzzy business problems.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player attitude.
- The desire to have fun while doing all of the above.
Nice to have
- Strong programming skills as applied to working with data large data sets (e.g. Python, R).
- Advanced knowledge of dimensional modeling.
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI).
- Experience with Google Analytics.
How you will grow
- Be part of a highly talented, collaborative, and practical data team that is always teaching and learning from each other.
- Collaborate cross functionally and with senior leadership on some of edX's highest visibility initiatives.
- Focus your energy on business impact, honing your ability to use data to create quantifiable value for an organization.
- Play a key role in transforming a company early in its analytical journey into a highly sophisticated data-driven organization.
- Solve challenging technical problems involving large volumes of data using cutting-edge tools.
- Dedicate your time at work to furthering an important social cause, and have a big impact on edX's sustainability.
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.