VP of Sales
edX is searching for our first VP of Sales to help propel edX growth to the next level. In this role you will report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer of edX and you’ll play an integral part in the development, execution and continued growth of edX’s Enterprise Sales and Sales Operations. You will have an opportunity to shape the future of education in a fast moving start-up environment where results count.
We are looking for a high energy, results-oriented, experienced sales professional with a strong track record for building and leading sales and sales operations within organizations. If you like a build out...this is it! From originating fresh systems and processes to hiring and leading a team of sales professionals, you’ll be have a big role in edX’s continued growth.
- Manage the continued growth of the edX Enterprise sales organization, inspire and provide leadership to a fast growing team.
- Lead and manage globally distributed Sales and Sales Operations functions as a Coach and Mentor.
- Drive both inbound and outbound sales efforts and teams
- Evolve and implement targets and measurement KPIs for both operational effectiveness and financial results.
- Design incentive and compensation plans to align target results and sales team motivation
- Be a thought partner and leader to the rest of the organisation to help edX achieve its ambitious goals by identifying and executing on market opportunities
- Help drive continuous improvement, identify value creation opportunities, build and implement efficient and effective sales processes and systems
- Expertly represent edX’s products, vision, value proposition, and solutions to US and international customers.
- Prepare and present presentations to the Board, Executive team and company on strategy, progress and results.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong track record with leading high performing sales and sales operations teams that meet and exceed sales goals. Ideally in international context.
- At least 10+ years in sales leadership roles.
- In-depth experience growing and managing sales ops teams and maximizing processes.
- Deep experience configuring and leveraging CRM tools, experience in using Salesforce
- Must have familiarity within the SAAS, the education space and/or enterprise learning and respective purchasing patterns
- Desire to understand educational trends globally and have a passion for the opportunity that is evolving in this space.
- Proven inspirational leader that can motivate the team to achieve clearly defined goals.
- Embraces edX culture, leadership style and competencies.
- Highly analytical and strong emotional intelligence.
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence at all levels of edX and partner organizations.
- Ability to travel (internationally if required) as necessary
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.