EdX is growing and we are looking for a Financial Analyst to join our Financial Planning & Analysis function. This function acts as the analytical engine of the organization to provide insights and support optimal business decision making.
The successful candidate will be inquisitive and data driven, able to partner with teams and departments to understand how best to get results from the resources they use. This position will partner and report to the edX Senior Manager of FP&A to prepare our annual budget, create and update routine forecasts, provide monthly stakeholder reporting and key dashboards as well as data validation and control. This job will require creativity, attention to detail, tenacity and curiosity. The ideal candidate has a well-rounded financial background, knowledge of strategy frameworks and processes and thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, and expenses.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Help develop a shared understanding and accountability around departmental financial and operational performance goals relative to company strategy and goals as well as department goals.
- Identify trends, gaps and opportunities for process improvement.
- Help prepare presentations for senior management, stakeholders and the Board.
- Analyze complex financial information to provide accurate and timely reporting.
- Work with Accounting, Sales Operations and Data Science to review data inputs driving financial models and reporting.
- Perform monthly and routine internal audit functions.
- Plan, facilitate and implement ad hoc analysis or financial models to support decision making and assist the Accounting team more generally on month end and quarterly tasks.
- 2+ years FP&A experience in growing organizations.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work at all levels of the organization.
- Always learning & developing. Displays a willingness to learn new analytical tools and skill sets.
Skills that would be great to have:
- Experience with Adaptive Insights software.
- Platform-as-a-Service experience.
- International experience.
Why you may love this job:
- You’ll partner closely with the Senior Manager of FP&A who is changing the way we understand our business and measure it.
- You’ll partner closely with our Business Intelligence, Product/Revenue and Sales Teams
- You’ll help our leaders make more informed business decisions.
- You’ll learn about the financial and operational drivers of all different functions within edX.
- You’ll work on a diverse set of projects.
- You’ll have a hand in transforming education on a global scale!
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sponsorship is not available.