Are you ready to join a startup that’s transforming the education landscape? At edX, we provide world-class education to everyone, everywhere. EdX offers highly driven intellectually ambitious individuals an opportunity to work in a dynamic mission-driven organization.
edX is seeking a Customer Support Associate to join our growing Support Team. Customer Support Associates help learners resolve questions across a variety of course experiences. Students love edX courses, so they’re not shy about asking for help, and we pride ourselves in helping them make the most of their experience while providing World Class support. You’ll also work cross-functionally with our product teams regarding bugs, features, and ticket trends.
- Manage high ticket volume within our ticketing system and provide timely, personal, & high-quality responses through resolution.
- Develop scripts, frequently asked questions, and knowledge base articles that address common student inquiries.
- Collaborate across the edX community to improve the student experience by providing feedback and recommendations to address common issues, through improved product design, operation, policy, or process.
- Partner with various business units cross-functionally, representing the Support organization and developing subject matter and product expertise.
- Communicate and stay up to date regarding ticket trends and features, bug progression, and product updates.
- 1-3+ years of experience in a customer-focused position
- Available to work on a Sunday through Thursday schedule
- Excellent communication skills with strong customer focus
- Ability to work individually and within a team environment to quickly and calmly resolve issues
- Problem solver – a knack for tackling problems, solving puzzles, and identifying, analyzing, and resolving them effectively
- Driven – by team and individual goals, whether daily targets, or longer-term aspirations.
- Team Player – shared commitment towards the Team’s goals and performance, remains open to others' ideas, effectively helps and supports colleagues.
- Business writer - corresponds clearly and concisely, edits work for spelling and grammar, communicates technical information effectively
- Effective communicator - speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive or difficult situations, both one on one, and in group settings, virtual or in person
- Adaptable - manages competing demands and is able to flex with frequent change, delays or unexpected events. Is willing to try new things, and new ways of working.
- Dependable - is trustworthy, follows through, follows instructions/ direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Technical acumen: Solid computer skills, and curiosity for learning new systems, software, and tools, and quick to adopt. Proficient with Google and/or Microsoft environments.
- Ability to work with diverse populations and adapt communication style accordingly; our learner community is global!
- Proficiency with foreign language(s) is a plus!
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.