At edX, a Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA) based non-profit, our mission is to offer a world-class education to everyone, everywhere, allowing them to gain the in-demand skills and knowledge that will lead to fulfilling careers and lifelong success. Today, edX provides more than 18 million people access to education from the best universities and institutions in the world, including Harvard, MIT, Oxford, and UC Berkeley. EdX provides inspirational and transformative knowledge to students of all ages, social status, and income, worldwide.
Partner Managers (PMs) are specialized consultants working to dramatically expand the development of online educational offerings with the top universities and institutions around the world.
As a Partner Manager at edX, you’ll be responsible for managing a portfolio of relationships at our partner institutions, and driving results through consultative guidance and account management efforts. This includes collaborating with a partner’s leadership team to advise on strategy and delivery of a portfolio of courses and learning programs; guiding partners to leverage best practices; and driving partners to create offerings that offer substantive value for global learners.
PMs are able to balance the business needs of edX and the partner and bring a combination of business acumen and executive presence, advisory skills, account/project management experience and a proven ability to achieve results.
The European-based PM will be responsible for managing a portfolio of edX partners and growing edX’s impact across the world. The European-based PM will be part of a small co-located team based in Barcelona, and will be asked to collaborate remotely with teams that are based at our Cambridge, MA USA headquarters. Some travel will be required. The Partner Manager (EU) will be an employee with an Employer of Record.
- Serve as primary point of contact for edX partners and own relationships across the institution.
- Deeply understand partner objectives and success measures and be able to articulate edX’s; engage in planning, setting and achieving goals related to the partnership, marketing strategy, and course content portfolio.
- Coordinate the efforts of partners and various internal teams engaged in course strategy, production and delivery.
- Help partner teams adopt best practices for workflows and tools, while encouraging innovation and alignment with edX’s strategy.
- Develop expertise within the European region and effectively share the region’s market, partner and learner needs throughout edX - potentially with product management, marketing, or others.
- A Bachelors or other Advanced degree is required, in applied science, business or related field; Masters preferred.
- 7+ years experience in professional services or account management, serving diverse global organizations (corporations and/or universities) as clients; experience supporting U.K. clients is preferred.
- Proven success achieving measurable, aggressive growth targets.
- Competitive spirit; thrives in owning responsibility to drive adoption of new ideas.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate and work with others.
- Ability to manage a portfolio of multiple projects from various partners simultaneously.
- Excellent business writing and verbal communication.
- Comfort with ambiguity and proactive, optimistic approach to problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and get work done through others. Strong stakeholder management across a range of partners, levels, functions.
- Ability to effectively work remotely; comfortable reporting into a manager based in our headquarters (USA).
- Positive, team player with a roll up your sleeves, service-oriented attitude and a strong sense of multicultural awareness.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment and demonstrates a startup mentality.
- Open to domestic and international travel, up to 20%; this includes partner visits and working out of our Cambridge, MA (USA) office occasionally.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of educational technologies, deploying SaaS technologies, or content production preferred.
- Proven ability to meet or beat quota-based goals - e.g. revenue or services/product sales targets.
- Fluent foreign language skills, in particular in French, Spanish, and/or German
This is an individual contributor role where a high degree of both self-direction and team collaboration expected. Please apply with an English language resume.