Data Collection support and Coordination (40%)
- Support Performance Metrics coordinator to ensure timely completion of Mentors/Youth leaders M&E paperwork (Eg: OMR Tracker, Club milestones recording sheet, Skills labs & Group mentoring observation form,..,...) at the end of each term
- Support Performance Metrics coordinator on all M&E printing and procurement to ensure timely delivery and high quality of M&E materials
- Support Performance Metrics coordinator to conduct termly Mentors/Youth leaders training on M&E and ensure that M&E Tools and systems are properly tested before we roll them out
- Coordinate with Mentors/Youth Leaders on completion of Monitoring responsibilities on time, following up with them and their supervisors when data is not submitted or is submitted inaccurately
- Ensure production of timely and accurate Monitoring data through managing processes of data tracking and data cleaning
- Support Performance Metrics coordinator to ensure coordination between M&E and Field ops & Programs Team for harmonized implementation of all field activities
- Support on data collection for miscellaneous projects, both within and outside the M&E department, as needed
- Conduct M&E field visits to support Mentors/Youth leaders and ensuring that they are using M&E tools effectively
- Serve as a resource person for YL on M&E
Performance Metrics System Maintenance (20%)
- Support Performance Metrics coordinator to maintain up-to-date monitoring tools, reflecting any changes to program design or KPIs
- Support the maintenance of Smartphone Reporting System on SurveyCTO and Textit
- Update schools, Youth leaders and mentors logistic database on a monthly basis to ensure up-to-date information for planning purposes
Data Reporting (20%)
- Refer on Performance metrics principles and best practices to prepare weekly Communications on Performance Metrics (through an automated Mentors/Youth Leaders Progress report in terms of completion of termly program activities)
- Support Performance Metrics coordinator to ensure accurate compilation and timely publication of M&E reports, including Mid-of-Term and End-of-Term Monitoring Report as well as the timely and accurate maintenance of the performance metrics Dashboards
Performance metrics Data Accuracy checks (20%)
- Review data submitted through M&E reporting systems, identify and correct any data collection errors at least twice a month.
- Support Performance Metrics coordinator to ensure production of timely and accurate Monitoring data through conducting data quality checks
- Work with M&E coordinator to compile data error rate by YL to provide individualized feedback on a termly basis
Additional Specifications or Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or similar and 2 - 3 years of experience in M&E with an Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) at coordinator level, with at least 1 year coordinating or planning field-based data collection activities.
- Demonstrated strong research, monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Experience working with USSD, SMS, or WhatsApp-based data collection platforms (SMS based management) such as Telerivet, Echomobile, Textit, SurveyCTO, RapidPro, Mteja, etc.
- Tech savvy, willing and able to learn Educate!’s preferred data collection technologies.
- High level of computer literacy: Ms Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills, including experience with data visualization software, including Tableau, Qlick, Google Data Studio, and/or ReDash .
- Engaging and interactive trainer with passion for coaching team members, with experience in training and capacity building.
- Fits our Five Cultural Tenets (see What is Educate! About? below); Learn more by looking at Educate!’s culture deck here
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Attractive Benefits & Perks including Medical Insurance.
- Location is Kampala, Uganda.