Educate! is seeking an enthusiastic and self-driven Recruitment Manager to lead Educate!’s recruitment team as a critical partner in the organization's scale up. The recruitment manager will lead the Recruitment Strategy Development & Implementation, oversee the recruitment Performance Management, Lead the Recruitment Experimentation and Learning, Manage the end-to-end recruitment conversion funnel from marketing to mobilization and documentation of the same.
Educate! prides in creating impact and spreading this impact to thousands of more youth across the Country.
Educate! prepares youth in Africa with the skills to succeed in today’s economy.
We tackle youth unemployment by partnering with youth, schools, and governments to design and deliver solutions that equip young people in Africa with the skills to attain further education, overcome gender inequities, start businesses, get jobs, and drive development in their communities. Our goal is to design skills-based education and employment solutions which impact youth life outcomes sustainably and at scale.
In 2019, we partnered with the governments of Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya and measurably impacted over 46,000 youth in and out of schools while reaching 470,000 learners more broadly, making us the biggest youth skills providers in East Africa. Amidst the coronavirus pandemic, we’ve pivoted to create and deploy a distance learning model based on our proven in-school experience, and reached over 100,000 students by October 2020. Read here to learn more about Educate!’s distance learning model.
Two rigorous external evaluations of our flagship in-school model, including a randomized controlled trial, found that towards the end of secondary school, participants of our program earn nearly double the income of their peers. A follow-up RCT found that four years later, youth achieve strong and lasting shifts in skills, coupled with significant improvements in education and gender equity-related outcomes, especially young women. Our graduates change their lives and their communities, such as Daniel who opened a rural health clinic in his community employing two people and conducting about 350 checkups per month.
Educate! supports governments with integrating skills-based curriculum nationally. This includes partnering with Uganda’s government to integrate curriculum and a Student Business Club structure into Uganda's entrepreneurship course nationally and serving as a technical advisor to both Rwanda and Kenya on national education reforms.
Educate! is a non-profit social enterprise with over 160 staff and 300 volunteer youth mentors. We have been backed by top foundations such as MasterCard, Big Bang Philanthropy, Echoing Green, Ashoka and Global Innovation Fund. Educate! won a 2018 Klaus J. Jacobs Prize (and was featured in a video), a 2015 WISE Award, and was highlighted by Bill Gates, in the World Bank’s S4YE's Impact Portfolio, an Al Jazeera documentary, Forbes 30 under 30, and The Brookings Institution as one of 14 case studies in their global scaling education learning initiative. Educate! was also selected by the UN’s Generation Unlimited as 1 of 20 innovative youth solutions and by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation as a Goalkeepers Accelerator.
Educate!'s long-term vision is to design solutions that measurably impact millions of youth across Africa each year.
Recruitment Strategy Implementation
- Co-design youth recruitment strategy to ensure that organisation youth impact objectives are met to maximum efficiency towards the user persona profile.
- Create a sustainable recruitment framework that meets annual youth target impact goals of the VIP bootcamp.
- Inform recruitment roadmap in liaison with LEEP manager & DPI before drawing quarterly roadmaps.
- Creation of marketing & recruitment budget model that maximises value for youth and organisation.
- Communicate Product marketing and recruitment strategy, creating alignment among stakeholders.
- Update recruitment funnel as is needed & incorporate into recruitment roadmap.
- Manage monthly marketing budget
- Analyse and report data to measure effectiveness of strategies and campaigns.
- Establish relationships with organisations, institutions, media and agencies to support program recruitment goals.
- Develop recommendations to grow the Educate! and VIP Bootcamp Brand through creative and cost efficient marketing campaigns.
- Maintain agency relationships by setting goals, providing media assets, performance feedback, and managing budgets
- Work with tech and implementation teams to ensure user experience is as frictionless as possible, and make recommendations to improve conversion rates at each step of the user journey.
Recruitment Performance Management
- Organises recruitment Team work streams including leading recruitment periodical check in meetings.
- Sets motivating monthly and weekly recruitment targets and provides accountability on progress towards achieving of Org youth reach goals.
- Inform recruitment team structure and capacity making proposals after defining the strategy.
- Evaluate team capacity to perform roles and articulate before execution an empowerment plan for different teams.
- Maintain, retain teams balance in workload
- Lead robust system to track & manage team performance for departments with agile ways of working & processing feedback loops.
- Document team engagements and performance plans with HR principles of staff career & professional development.
- Execute fair motivation & incentive strategies to aid strategy for recruitment team
Recruitment Experiment and Learning
- Based on past work, make experiment priority and backlog plans for recruitment channels, systems where necessary and staffing structure.
- Use sprint method to run experiments to improve recruitment strategy for staffing, channels, systems as priority to have more concrete model framework for VIP youth recruitment.
- Create recruitment learning agendas aimed at understanding ways to make recruitment more effective and cost efficient.
- Document & share experiment results incorporating agreed upon learnings into the main recruitment strategy
- Bring expertise from recruitment space to work with existing teams & resources.
- Research about similar organisation approaches to impact & link relevant insights to our work.
- Grow Institutional channels to recruitment before establishing a mechanism to scale them.
Manage the end-to-end recruitment conversion funnel from marketing to mobilisation and documentation of the same.
- Lead team marketing, recruitment, engagement and mobilisation strategy to enable the development of a database of quality registrants
- Work towards standardizing the marketing, recruitment, engagement and mobilisation processes and systems that are scalable and in line with the recruitment vision scale.
- Have safeguards and controls for marketing, recruitment, engagement & mobilisation activities to provide effective results
- Identify and suggest recruitment tech processes and tools user requirements and align with monitoring and tech teams to build simple & low tech solutions.
- Centralise all tracking & documentation for the department.
- Establish tracking & documentation needs at each stage of the funnel to draw applied systems necessary including dashboard requirements for roadmaps in collaboration with Tech & performance metrics leads.
- Promote culture of documentation & use of data, reports to work, manage and improve.
- Lead recruitment to mobilisation retrospectives & align incorporation of lessons to next iterations for every recruitment drive.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing/business related courses, (Master’s degree will be an added advantage).
- At least 5 years of diverse work experience in a managerial role.
- At least 3 years of experience in recruiting, training and organizational development.
- Hands on experience in lead marketing and sales managerial role at scale size operations in development for social businesses.
- Knowledge of building systems to manage people & work.
- Experience with managing the end to end marketing conversion funnel.
- Experience with project planning & Management.
- Familiarity with Partnership and stakeholder management.
- At least 1 year experience in experimentation and prototyping.
- Advanced skills in data analysis presentation, proposal & report writing.
- Excellent analytical skills combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem solving.
In order to thrive at Educate!, a candidate must:
- Be proactively self-engaged in research and innovations in the field of Recruitment.
- Excel in an entrepreneurial, rapidly-growing and independent environment with minimal supervision
- Eagerly jump on opportunities to exceed expectations and solve new challenges autonomously
- Exhibit commitment to the professional development of him/herself, developing new skills whenever necessary
- Fit our Five Cultural Tenets- see What is Educate! About? below
What skills/experience does this candidate absolutely must have (MUST HAVEs)?
- People Relations skills
- Attention to detail
- Personal organization and Coordination skills
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Vocational skills
- Ability to use the google drive (docs, sheets, slides and forms)
- High level of integrity
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Attractive Benefits & Perks including Medical Insurance.
- Preferred duty station is in Kampala, Uganda
What Is Educate! About?
We’re ambitious. Are you? Educate! is growing fast, so new opportunities are opening up and expanding all the time. We’re inspired by people with drive, and we love to help them reach their full potential. We expect everyone at Educate! to contribute above and beyond their job description, grow their skills, and advance their careers, and we are committed to supporting our staff members on that journey.
- We Put Youth First
- We Are Always Learning
- We Only Solve a Problem Once
- We Are Flexible
- We Exceed Expectations
Every person at Educate! — from interns to the executive director — is evaluated by how they live up to these five cultural tenets. They are at the core of how we achieve our mission and why we work as well as we do.
Educate is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In creating this environment, we encourage people from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences to join our diverse team.
Apply directly at this link for the Recruitment Manager position.
Or visit our website on www.experienceeducate.org/careers. You will be asked to upload a resume, and respond to a few questions:
Deadline for sending applications is Friday, 18th March 2022.