Educate! is a high growth, award winning education NGO operating in Uganda, Rwanda and Kenya. Educate! provides youth with skills training in leadership, entrepreneurship and workforce readiness, along with mentorship. Our model is delivered through practically-trained teachers and empowered youth mentors. Educate!’s goal is to make this practical, skills based model part of National Education Systems.
Are you young and passionate about Education, Entrepreneurship, Leadership and Mentorship?
Educate! Kenya is looking for you to attend a (1) one day Educate! YOUTH ENTREPRENEURSHIP FACILITATOR TRAINING (YET) in Nairobi. It is a training cum interview process,You will receive comprehensive and high quality training on Leadership and Entrepreneurship (how to start and grow your business), Learner Centered Instruction in the Basic Education Curriculum Reform Framework, Mentorship and 21st Century skills and an opportunity to interview for a Program Officer role within Educate!
Kindly note no allowance will be provided during the training and the training is free of charge.
The ideal candidate should be 35 years and below and meets the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education .
- Must be a TSC registered teacher.
- 1-2 years’ experience as a trainer, mentor, or teacher in Kenyan schools or NGOs (preferred)
- Engaging and interactive trainer with passion for coaching
- Event management skills: the ability to keep track of multiple activities, plan, and mobilize resources in a timely and efficient manner.
- Strong organizational, writing and communication skills
- A proactive, energetic approach to problem solving
- Fits our Five Cultural Tenets;Learn more by looking at Educate!’s culture deck here
- Willingness and ability to travel to all parts of Kenya.
This unique Opportunity is competitive and open to residents of the following counties:
- Taita Taveta
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, with the goal to fill these positions ASAP. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
What Is Educate! About?
We’re ambitious. Are you? Educate! is growing fast, so new opportunities are opening up and expanding all the time. We’re inspired by people with drive, and we love to help them reach their full potential. We expect everyone at Educate! to contribute above and beyond their job description, grow their skills, and advance their careers, and we are committed to supporting our staff members on that journey.
- We Put Youth First - The youth we serve come first. Always. In everything. That means we wake up thinking of ways we can serve youth even better and get the highest impact out of every dollar that we spend. It means Educate! doesn’t own a single vehicle, because we’d rather take the bus if it means one more student can participate. It means making every decision like the future depends on it — because if we get our way, it does.
- We Are Always Learning - When you work at Educate!, educating yourself is part of your job too. We encourage every employee to find the best book on management; share the latest article on graphic design; bring in your favorite college mentor; or meet the researcher pushing the edge of the field. We are always thirsty for knowledge and love to share
- We Only Solve a Problem Once - We are allergic to band-aids so we love the person who brings the new system to solve the problem for good, even problems we haven’t recognized yet.
- We Are Flexible - We thrive on change — we’re driving it. We are growing every day, so we have to adapt quickly to meet new challenges, and our team keeps up.
- We Exceed Expectations - We assume we can achieve the impossible because we already have, year after year. We want our staff to create your own challenges, ask the toughest questions, and dream scary big!
Every person at Educate! — from interns to the executive director — is evaluated by how they live up to these five cultural tenets. They are at the core of how we achieve our mission and why we work as well as we do.
Educate is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In creating this environment, we encourage people from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences to join our diverse team.