Edge & Node stands as the revolutionary vanguard of web3, a vision of a world powered by individual autonomy, shared self-sovereignty and limitless collaboration. Established by trailblazers behind The Graph, we’re on a mission to make The Graph the internet’s unbreakable foundation of open data. Edge & Node invented and standardized subgraphs across the industry, solidifying The Graph as the definitive way to organize and access blockchain data. Utilizing a deep expertise in developing open-source software, tooling, and protocols, we empower builders and entrepreneurs to bring unstoppable applications to life with revolutionary digital infrastructure.
Edge & Node acts on a set of unwavering principles that guide our journey in shaping the future. We champion a decentralized internet—free from concentrated power—where collective consensus aligns what is accepted as truth, rather than authoritative dictation. Our commitment to censorship resistance reinforces our vision of an unyielding information age free from the grasp of a single entity. By building for open-source, we challenge the stagnant landscape of web2, recognizing that true innovation thrives in transparency and collaboration. We imagine a permissionless future where the shackles imposed by central gatekeepers are not only removed, but relegated to the dustbin of a bygone era. And at the foundation of it all, our trust shifts from malevolent middlemen to trustless systems, leveraging smart contracts to eliminate the age-old vulnerabilities of misplaced trust.
The Graph Node & Infrastructure team is focused on developing and maintaining core software components that make The Graph work. We are especially focused on graph-node, an open source Rust implementation that provides subgraph deployment, indexing, and querying capabilities of The Graph, as well as operational support for Edge & Node's Hosted Service.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated database administrator that can help us scale and manage the databases supporting The Graph Studio and Hosted Service. This role requires a deep understanding of data storage and indexing at scale, in the context of Postgres databases. Edge & Node’s Studio and Hosted Services are high-throughput projects, and the care and feeding of these systems is a critical role in our organization.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Supporting database design initiatives and the ongoing support/administration of databases for Edge & Node's hosted service (to include system troubleshooting, refreshing and refactoring database instances, and system preventative maintenance)
- Supporting development and maintenance of database-related documentation
- Installing, configuring, and administering Postgres databases/shards
- Managing refreshes of the test, staging, and development environments
- Monitoring database performance and tune/optimize performance of databases and queries
What We Expect
- Previous experience in administration, monitoring, maintenance, and optimization of PostgreSQL databases
- Ability to advise on performance improvements and new features in our application's database usage
- Previous experience monitoring and troubleshooting of Postgres databases
- Participation in rotating on-call duty during working hours
- Familiarity with Rust or another low-level language desired, but not required
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively asynchronously with a multinational team spanning numerous time zones
About the Graph
The Graph is the indexing and query layer of web3. The Graph Network’s self service experience for developers launched in July 2021. Developers build and publish open APIs, called subgraphs, that applications can query using GraphQL. The Graph supports indexing data from multiple different networks including Ethereum, NEAR, Arbitrium, Optimism, Polygon, Avalanche, Celo, Fantom, Moonbeam, IPFS, and PoA with more networks coming soon. To date, tens-of-thousands of subgraphs have been deployed on the hosted service, and now subgraphs can be deployed directly on the network. Over 28,000 developers have built subgraphs for applications such as Uniswap, Synthetix, KnownOrigin, Art Blocks, Balancer, Livepeer, DAOstack, Audius, Decentraland, and many others.
If you are a developer building an application or web3 application, you can use subgraphs for indexing and querying data from blockchains. The Graph allows applications to efficiently and performantly present data in a UI and allows other developers to use your subgraph too! You can deploy a subgraph to the network using the newly launched Subgraph Studio or query existing subgraphs that are in the Graph Explorer. The Graph would love to welcome you to be Indexers, Curators and/or Delegators on The Graph’s mainnet. Join The Graph community by introducing yourself in The Graph Discord for technical discussions, join The Graph’s Telegram chat, and follow The Graph on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, and Medium! The Graph’s developers and members of the community are always eager to chat with you, and The Graph ecosystem has a growing community of developers who support each other.
The Graph Foundation oversees The Graph Network. The Graph Foundation is overseen by the Technical Council. Edge & Node, StreamingFast, Messari, Semiotic and The Guild are five of the many organizations within The Graph ecosystem.