About Edge & Node
Edge & Node stands as the revolutionary vanguard of web3, a vision of a world powered by individual autonomy, shared self-sovereignty and limitless collaboration. Established by trailblazers behind The Graph, we’re on a mission to make The Graph the internet’s unbreakable foundation of open data. Edge & Node invented and standardized subgraphs across the industry, solidifying The Graph as the definitive way to organize and access blockchain data. Utilizing a deep expertise in developing open-source software, tooling, and protocols, we empower builders and entrepreneurs to bring unstoppable applications to life with revolutionary digital infrastructure.
Edge & Node acts on a set of unwavering principles that guide our journey in shaping the future. We champion a decentralized internet—free from concentrated power—where collective consensus aligns what is accepted as truth, rather than authoritative dictation. Our commitment to censorship resistance reinforces our vision of an unyielding information age free from the grasp of a single entity. By building for open-source, we challenge the stagnant landscape of web2, recognizing that true innovation thrives in transparency and collaboration. We imagine a permissionless future where the shackles imposed by central gatekeepers are not only removed, but relegated to the dustbin of a bygone era. And at the foundation of it all, our trust shifts from malevolent middlemen to trustless systems, leveraging smart contracts to eliminate the age-old vulnerabilities of misplaced trust.
About Your Future Team
We are excellent communicators. We work with leads in all departments to ensure that people are enabled to execute their work efficiently. We work tirelessly to find methods that introduce a minimal amount of overhead while protecting people’s time. The heads of Finance, Legal, People, and Delivery have so far managed their own operations. We are now hiring a mighty force multiplier to unite and refine much of the company’s operations in collaboration with the people who have handled operations so far.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for a motivated self-starter and driven individual who can thrive in a dynamic and sometimes undefined environment, and who has demonstrated the ability to take an iterative approach to improvement. Some traits that describe you:
- Natural communicator: You are effective at presenting your ideas, getting alignment across stakeholders, and driving execution in a cross-functional environment. You have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record: You have improved and executed processes in financial, legal, and corporate ops through the stages of ideation, design, configuration, usage, and validation. You are comfortable using a variety of tools to achieve operational excellence.
- Pragmatic: Although you are an independent and creative thinker, you are also action-oriented. You know that the best process is the one that people can easily understand and adopt.
- Dedication to craft: You see an organization as a living system whose processes can be continuously refined and iterated upon. Others may specialize in certain subject matter, but your craft is operations.
- Organized: You are borderline obsessive when it comes to organization. Others may think you make it look effortless, but you know that the “secret” is a combination of detail orientation, excellent task management, and creative problem solving.
- Team player: Your personal integrity results in an honest and open working style. People love working with you, and you make the people around you more effective. You work well in our global remote work environment because you have strong cross-cultural skills and versatility in engaging the different skillsets of our team members. You take pride in being a force multiplier.
- Database oriented: We build many company workflows and house many documents inside Notion. A familiarity with database principles (whether from a past in software engineering, data analysis, or data entry) is a huge plus.
- Web3 oriented: You may already have “fallen down the blockchain rabbit hole” and have some familiarity with how blockchains, smart contracts, and decentralized applications play together. You either have deep interest in how The Graph fits into this technical stack or are eager to learn.
- Experience: 5-10 years of work experience; must be based in the United States. Experience in Admin/Accounting/Finance is desired but not required
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage accounts receivable and payable workflows
- Track and control expenses
- Manage banking relationships, banking balances, and the cash cycle
- Work with external partners on tax matters
- Manage contract and document workflow (approval, signature, document repository management)
- Enforce compliance with internal legal policies
- Assist in managing compliance with employment law regulations, registration, and reporting
- Assist in onboarding and offboarding employees
- Assist in running the hiring pipeline, including liaising with the The Graph Foundation’s recruiting arm
- Collaborate and execute on team culture related issues
- Collaborate and execute on employee benefit issues
- Facilitate the efficient flow of information between teams focused on delivery (product management, engineering, design, marketing, business development, developer relations, etc)
- Facilitate the efficient flow of information between E&N and companies that collaborate with us
- Build and maintain company databases and related workflows using Notion
- Make recommendations for process and tooling improvements
General Corporate Ops
- Assemble and maintain “company handbook” information using Notion
- Manage corporate documents
- Monitor and update admin rights for tools
- Monitor and maintain company communications hygiene in Slack
- Interface with EAs for logistical challenges (offsite scheduling, for example)
About The Graph
The Graph is the indexing and query layer of web3. The Graph Network’s self service experience for developers launched in July 2021. Developers build and publish open APIs, called subgraphs, that applications can query using GraphQL. The Graph supports indexing data from multiple different networks including Ethereum, NEAR, Arbitrium, Optimism, Polygon, Avalanche, Celo, Fantom, Moonbeam, IPFS, and PoA with more networks coming soon. To date, tens-of-thousands of subgraphs have been deployed on the hosted service, and now subgraphs can be deployed directly on the network. Over 28,000 developers have built subgraphs for applications such as Uniswap, Synthetix, KnownOrigin, Art Blocks, Balancer, Livepeer, DAOstack, Audius, Decentraland, and many others.
If you are a developer building an application or web3 application, you can use subgraphs for indexing and querying data from blockchains. The Graph allows applications to efficiently and performantly present data in a UI and allows other developers to use your subgraph too! You can deploy a subgraph to the network using the newly launched Subgraph Studio or query existing subgraphs that are in the Graph Explorer. The Graph would love to welcome you to be Indexers, Curators and/or Delegators on The Graph’s mainnet. Join The Graph community by introducing yourself in The Graph Discord for technical discussions, join The Graph’s Telegram chat, and follow The Graph on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, and Medium! The Graph’s developers and members of the community are always eager to chat with you, and The Graph ecosystem has a growing community of developers who support each other.
The Graph Foundation oversees The Graph Network. The Graph Foundation is overseen by the Technical Council. Edge & Node, StreamingFast, Messari, Semiotic and The Guild are five of the many organizations within The Graph ecosystem.