EDG is seeking an experienced Senior Restoration Architect. This person will play an important role in our team’s innovation and development as EDG continues to grow.
As Senior Restoration Architect, you will manage the team’s architects and engineers in ensuring organization, training, and development. You’ll be involved in a dynamic portfolio of New York City projects of all scope and scale, spanning across all 5 Boroughs. From low-income housing to luxury towers, landmarked buildings to iconic NYC architecture, our team tackles restoration and historic preservation challenges through all phases on the project; from planning to construction administration. Each employee takes ownership of their projects in working directly with DOB, building owners and stakeholders each step of the way.
Driven by finding the most effective solutions, EDG's team leverages the latest technology to boost every aspect of our design and project delivery – from 3D printers that revolutionize constructability, to Grasshopper for algorithmic design in Rhino, and AR/VR that superimposes data onto building models and project sites. Our tech stack includes over 50 software programs that transform how we work with each other, our consultants, and our clients.
EDG is honored to have been selected for Inc. 5000’s ‘Fastest-Growing Private Companies’ List.
- Oversee multiple major projects including Historic Preservation and Landmark projects
- Manage staff organization and planning
- Project Management of façade, plaza, roof and garage restoration projects
- Manage building envelope inspection and restoration design
- Local Law 11 reporting including site inspection, recording conditions, compiling findings for DOB report and document submission
- Building inspections from ground/roof/lifts/supported & suspended scaffolding
- Design and support for architectural design and real estate development projects
- Preparing plans, details, and specifications
- Coordinate work for Landmark Preservation requirements
- Perform contractor bid walkthroughs and reviews
- Review payment applications, change orders and project schedules
- Prospect new business and develop existing relationships
- Train others and oversee their work
- Scoping and time/staff utilization estimation for proposals
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of Local Law 11/FISP experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture required, Master’s preferred
- RA is required
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Excel
- Extreme attention to detail with strong written and communication skills
- New York experience
EDG offers a competitive benefits package, 401k match, company-sponsored events and activities, generous PTO and “bonus” days off, professional development programs – and much more!
EDG is honored to have been selected for:
Inc. 5000’s ‘Fasted-Growing Private Companies’ Award, 2016, 2018, 2019 and 2020, as well a Regionals for 2021.
Architizer’s ‘A+ Architecture + Technology’ Award, 2018 and 2020
Zweig Group’s ‘Best Firms To Work For’ Award, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Zweig Group’s ‘Hot Firms’ Award, 2018, 2019
Zweig Group’s ‘Fast Growth’ Award, 2017, 2019
PSMJ’s ‘Circle of Excellence’ Award, 2016, 2019