EDG is seeking a Restoration Engineer. This person will play an important role in our team’s innovation and development as EDG continues to grow.
As Restoration Engineer, you’ll be involved in a dynamic portfolio of New York City projects of all scope and scale, spanning across all 5 Boroughs. From low-income housing to luxury towers, landmarked buildings to iconic NYC architecture, our team tackles restoration and historic preservation challenges through all phases on the project; from planning to construction administration. Each employee takes ownership of their projects in working directly with DOB, building owners and stakeholders each step of the way.
Driven by finding the most effective solutions, the EDG team leverages the latest technology to boost every aspect of our design and delivery – from 3D printers that revolutionize constructability to Grasshopper for algorithmic design in Rhino, to AR/VR that superimposes data onto building models and project sites. Our tech stack includes over 50 software programs that transform how we work with each other, our consultants, and our clients.
EDG is honored to have been selected for Inc. 5000’s ‘Fastest-Growing Private Companies’ List 4 times.
- Work on multiple major projects
- Conduct inspection and reporting for façade, roof, plaza, and garage repair projects
- Local Law 11 reporting including site inspection, recording conditions, compiling findings for DOB report and document submission
- Building inspections from ground/roof/lifts/supported & suspended scaffolding
- Structural design for restoration projects and renovations
- Preparing plans, details, and specifications
- Perform contractor bid walkthroughs and reviews
- Review payment applications, change orders and project schedules
- Prospect new business and develop existing relationships
- Scoping and time/staff utilization estimation for proposals
- 2-8 years of related experience
- 3+ years of Local Law 11/FISP experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required, Master’s degree is preferred
- EIT is required, PE is preferred
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD and Excel
- Extreme attention to detail with strong written and communication skills
- New York experience
EDG offers a competitive benefits package, 401k match, company-sponsored events and activities, generous PTO and “bonus” days off, professional development programs – and much more!
EDG is honored to have been selected for:
Inc. 5000’s ‘Fasted-Growing Private Companies’ Award, 2016, 2018, 2019 and 2020, as well a Regionals for 2021.
Architizer’s ‘A+ Architecture + Technology’ Award, 2018 and 2020
Zweig Group’s ‘Best Firms To Work For’ Award, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021 and 2021
Zweig Group’s ‘Hot Firms’ Award, 2018, 2019
Zweig Group’s ‘Fast Growth’ Award, 2017, 2019
PSMJ’s ‘Circle of Excellence’ Award, 2016, 2019