Driven by finding the most effective solutions, EDG leverages the latest technology to boost every aspect of our design and delivery - including 3D printing, Grasshopper for algorithmic design, to AR/VR, and digital scanning. Our tech stack allows us to transform how we work with each other, our consultants, and clients - enabling us to provide impactful interdisciplinary solutions to move the industry forward.
If you have an eye for design, are naturally curious and have a passion for technology, join us.
EDG is seeking a Project Architect with at least 8 to 10 years of experience to help lead teams and projects. With an emphasis on technical development while maintaining high levels of design integrity, you will be responsible for the advancement of a project though all stages of design. Professional experience should include all aspects of project delivery and construction administration - including management of schedule milestones, the project team, clients, consultants, and contractors.
- Plans, schedules, organizes, and executes in multiple projects simultaneously, under periodic oversight of Leadership
- Production of architectural plans and details, seeking creative and innovative solutions to tasks, while developing appropriate material and product research and documentation to support these solutions
- Navigate the NYC DOB permitting process, construction documentation required, and local laws and codes pertaining to the work
- Knowledge and understanding of NYC Planning and Zoning, Resolutions and their impact on a potential project site
- Monitor the preparation of technical drawings and ensure compliance of detail documentation
- Assist with construction administration, including site visit surveys and inspections
- Research new products and materials and assist in developing specifications
- Edit, maintain, and expand the CAD, Revit, Rhino details and libraries
- Bachelor of Architecture degree from an accredited University;
- Master of Architecture degree from an accredited University (preferred but not required);
- Licensed Architect in the state of New York;
- Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Suite and Adobe Suite;
- Experience with Rhino, 3D Max, Sketchup and other modeling software;
- Practical experience with on-site construction and project coordination of at least 5 years;
- Ability to lead the production of construction document sets with at least 3 years of experience;
- Experience in technical drawing and detailing of at least 3 years;
- Capacity to translate design intent into fabrication drawings;
- Experience with hands on fabrication in a workshop environment;
- Effective written and verbal communication, from emails and reports to documents and specifications.
EDG offers a competitive benefits package, 401k match, company-sponsored events and activities, generous PTO and “bonus” days off, professional development programs – and much more!
EDG is honored to have been selected for:
Inc. 5000’s ‘Fasted-Growing Private Companies’ Award, 2016, 2018, 2019 and 2020, as well a Regionals for 2021.
Architizer’s ‘A+ Architecture + Technology’ Award, 2018 and 2020
Zweig Group’s ‘Best Firms To Work For’ Award, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021
Zweig Group’s ‘Hot Firms’ Award, 2018, 2019
Zweig Group’s ‘Fast Growth’ Award, 2017, 2019
PSMJ’s ‘Circle of Excellence’ Award, 2016, 2019