Driven by finding the most effective solutions, EDG's team leverages the latest technology to boost every aspect of our design and project delivery – from 3D printers that revolutionize constructability, to Grasshopper for algorithmic design in Rhino, and AR/VR that superimposes data onto building models and project sites. Our tech stack includes over 50 software programs that transform how we work with each other, our consultants, and our clients.
EDG is seeking an Architectural Designer to join our team. Responsibilities include drafting architectural plans and preparing construction documents. You will work with our architectural team members and work closely with our onsite architects/engineers in meeting deadlines and achieving project goals. The ideal candidate has a high level of experience in New York City projects and a proficiency in architectural design software for building design.
EDG is honored to have been selected for Inc. 5000’s ‘Fastest-Growing Private Companies’ list four times in the last five years.
- Drafting architectural plans
- Preparing construction documents
- Preparing DOB filing sets
- Preparing presentation materials
- Assisting with construction administration, including a site visit, surveys, and inspection
- Researching new products
- Editing, maintaining and expanding CAD, Revit, Rhino details and library
- 1-5 years of professional architecture experience
- Revit experience
- Expert proficiency in AutoCAD and Adobe Suite
- Understanding of construction drawings and standards
- Knowledge of NYC Building Code and IBC
- Knowledge of NYC zoning
- Master’s degree preferred
- Strong knowledge of x-refs, layers, and layer management
- Rhino experience
- 3D modeling and rendering experience preferred
- Physical model experience a plus
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and communication skills
EDG offers a competitive benefits package, 401k match, company-sponsored events and activities, generous PTO and “bonus” days off, professional development programs – and much more!
EDG is honored to have been selected for:
Inc. 5000’s ‘Fasted-Growing Private Companies’ Award, 2016, 2018, 2019 and 2020, as well a Regionals for 2021.
Architizer’s ‘A+ Architecture + Technology’ Award, 2018 and 2020
Zweig Group’s ‘Best Firms To Work For’ Award, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Zweig Group’s ‘Hot Firms’ Award, 2018, 2019
Zweig Group’s ‘Fast Growth’ Award, 2017, 2019
PSMJ’s ‘Circle of Excellence’ Award, 2016, 2019