WHAT WE'RE BUILDING
Eden is the leading platform for office management – where teams can collaborate to have all the services they need to thrive at work. Our mission is to create a better place to work, for everyone.
We're looking for fantastic engineers who can work harder, faster, and smarter without sacrificing technical excellence. Our organizational challenges are unique, and we are rapidly defining an enormous new industry, so you should be excited to build systems that can support the way that the office will run in the future.
As a full-time Senior Software Engineer, you'll have a direct impact on the customer experience and on-site Wizard experience. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about building the most innovative services platform of all time. Unlike most technology companies, we touch people from all ways of life, and Eden has both a digital and physical product in our technology and people.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Fast learner -- We're looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and want to build something that will be used by many. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment. You have advanced knowledge of at least one scripting language (e.g. Ruby or Python) and knowledge of or eagerness to learn: PostgreSQL, Redis, and ElasticSearch.
- Attention-to-Detail -- You strive to prove that speed and quality are not conflicting; you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility -- In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the whole web stack, you understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Passion -- You feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code "released" until you're confident it's correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage. You have sound judgment.
- Team player -- You believe that you can achieve more on a team than you ever could alone. You rely and thrive on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen -- You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you're working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature designed for thousands of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Experience in at least one scripting language (e.g. Ruby or Python)
- Demonstrated software engineering experience through previous work experience, coding competitions, and/or publications.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of a fast-growing Y Combinator startup
- Be part of a company that uniquely leverages technology to empower a diverse range of people
- Fun office environment
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Generous stock options
- Daily lunch in the office + snacks
- Lyft / Uber reimbursements
- 401(k) contribution opportunity
- Cool swag
- Great location in the SOMA district of SF
Eden is the leading platform for office management. Our mission is to create a better place to work, for everyone. Our platform provides services ranging from office cleaning and facilities maintenance to supply and snack stocking to IT support. Each Eden client has a dedicated account manager to ensure an insanely great experience. Eden is venture-backed from some of the best institutional and angel investors in Silicon Valley, including Y Combinator, SV Angel, Redpoint Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Canvas Ventures, Index Ventures, Comcast Ventures, ENIAC, Maven Ventures, Slow Ventures, and many more.
We were founded in 2015 and currently serve the San Francisco Bay Area, LA, Austin, and NY.