WHAT WE'RE BUILDING
Eden is the first platform for workplace management. Eden provides:
- Online software and app that helps office and facility managers organize the to-dos that keep offices running smoothly.
- A marketplace of vetted service providers ranging from office cleaning, handymen, snacks, supplies, plant care, catering, security, and more. Integrated into the Eden software application, clients can quickly identify project information, receive quotes, schedule service, create checklists and communicate with vendors.
- White-glove service from Eden Client Operations Managers & Project Coordinators who help our clients get the most from Eden. From coordinating service partners to ordering supplies to full project management, our team can help as much as needed to keep projects running smoothly.
- Great pricing and time savings. Eden negotiates rates across service providers including supplies to help companies get the best value. As an added plus, Eden streamlines the accounting process, providing one monthly bill to clients for all services booked through Eden.
Our mission is to create a better place to work, for everyone.
Eden is venture-backed from some of the best institutional and angel investors in Silicon Valley, including Fifth Wall Ventures, Mitsui Fudosan, RXR Realty, Thor Equities, Bessemer Venture Partners, Alate Partners, Quiet Capital, S28 Capital, Canvas Ventures, Comcast Ventures, Upshift Partners, Impala Ventures, ENIAC Ventures, Crystal Towers and a number of leading angel investors. Vik Patel, a Partner from Reshape, will be joining Eden’s Board.
We were founded in 2015 and currently serve major cities in both the US and Europe.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Fast learner -- We're looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and want to build something that will be used by many. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment. You have advanced knowledge of multiple programming languages (e.g. Ruby or Python) and knowledge of: PostgreSQL, Redis, and ElasticSearch.
- Attention-to-Detail -- You strive to prove that speed and quality are not conflicting; you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility -- In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the whole web stack, you understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Passion -- You feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code "released" until you're confident it's correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage. You have sound judgment.
- Team player -- You believe that you can achieve more on a team than you ever could alone. You rely and thrive on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen -- You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you're working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature designed for thousands of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Minimum of 4+ years of industry experience.
- Proven experience as a Senior Software Engineer
- Extensive experience in software development, scripting and project management
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic) and automated testing frameworks
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows)
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of a fast-growing Y Combinator startup
- Be part of a company that uniquely leverages technology to empower a diverse range of people
- Fun office environment
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Generous stock options
- Daily lunch in the office + snacks
- 401(k) contribution opportunity
- Cool swag
- Great location in the SOMA district of SF