WHAT WE'RE BUILDING
Eden is the first platform for workplace management. Eden provides:
- Online software and app that helps office and facility managers organize the to-dos that keep offices running smoothly.
- A marketplace of vetted service providers ranging from office cleaning, handymen, snacks, supplies, plant care, catering, security, and more. Integrated into the Eden software application, clients can quickly identify project information, receive quotes, schedule service, create checklists and communicate with vendors.
- White-glove service from Eden Client Operations Managers & Project Coordinators who help our clients get the most from Eden. From coordinating service partners to ordering supplies to full project management, our team can help as much as needed to keep projects running smoothly.
- Great pricing and time savings. Eden negotiates rates across service providers including supplies to help companies get the best value. As an added plus, Eden streamlines the accounting process, providing one monthly bill to clients for all services booked through Eden.
Our mission is to create a better place to work, for everyone.
Eden is venture-backed from some of the best institutional and angel investors in Silicon Valley, including Fifth Wall Ventures, Mitsui Fudosan, RXR Realty, Thor Equities, Bessemer Venture Partners, Alate Partners, Quiet Capital, S28 Capital, Canvas Ventures, Comcast Ventures, Upshift Partners, Impala Ventures, ENIAC Ventures, Crystal Towers and a number of leading angel investors. Vik Patel, a Partner from Reshape, will be joining Eden’s Board.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
This is a fantastic opportunity to shape a team in a fast-growing, pre-IPO, global company.
- Build and manage a data-driven People Operations function and team. Position is a senior leader in our growing organization and reports to the COO located in SF. This role can be located in our San Francisco Headquarters, in our New York office or our Austin office.
- Set and manage Objectives and Key Results for People Operations and report out to senior leaders weekly. Our overall goal is to be an employee of choice in each of our markets.
- Partner with executives and department heads on opportunities to improve the employee experience across the organization. Be the functional expert at Eden that we rely on and trust.
- Own the design, delivery, and effectiveness of core HR processes and responsibilities across all employee life-cycle activities including recruiting, leveling/compensation, performance management, benefits administration, compliance/policy management, office management, payroll, and 401k administration.
- Create and oversee all people program initiatives including Culture Initiatives, Learning & Development, and Diversity & Inclusion.
- Lead and manage our current People Operations and Recruiting team members.
- Manage the People Operations budget.
- Stay up to date with current employment law/regulations and ensure compliance.
- Create a learning and development program for manager-level employees, includes coaching managers on individual needs for development (e.g. career planning, transitions, training, employee coaching).
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 10+ years of work experience in People Operations/HR.
- 5+ years leading People Operations or a function of People Operations.
- Strong empathy and change management skills to scale teams through hyper-growth and rapid change.
- A passion for problem-solving; you are scrappy and have a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude. No problem is too small or too big for you to try to solve.
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity. You know the only thing constant is change, and you can quickly adapt especially in high-pressure situations.
- Extremely proactive, responsive, and upbeat with strong organizational skills.
- Possess solid functional expertise across all general areas of People Operations.
- Proven success developing new and/or improving people operations programs in one of more of the following areas: recruiting, diversity and inclusion, performance management, learning and development, employee engagement, retention and culture initiatives, compensation, benefits, and/or HR compliance
- The ability to communicate effectively to all stakeholders and to build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust is a must.
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree a plus.
- SHRM or SHRM-CP certification is a plus.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of a fast-growing Y Combinator startup
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) contribution opportunity
- Generous stock options
- Free lunch and snacks
- Unlimited PTO
- Cool swag