WHAT WE'RE BUILDING
Eden is the first platform for workplace management. Eden provides:
- Online software and app that helps office and facility managers organize the to-dos that keep offices running smoothly.
- A marketplace of vetted service providers ranging from office cleaning, handymen, snacks, supplies, plant care, catering, security, and more. Integrated into the Eden software application, clients can quickly identify project information, receive quotes, schedule service, create checklists and communicate with vendors.
- White-glove service from Eden Client Operations Managers & Project Coordinators who help our clients get the most from Eden. From coordinating service partners to ordering supplies to full project management, our team can help as much as needed to keep projects running smoothly.
- Great pricing and time savings. Eden negotiates rates across service providers including supplies to help companies get the best value. As an added plus, Eden streamlines the accounting process, providing one monthly bill to clients for all services booked through Eden.
Our mission is to create a better place to work, for everyone.
Eden is venture-backed from some of the best institutional and angel investors in Silicon Valley, including Fifth Wall Ventures, Mitsui Fudosan, RXR Realty, Thor Equities, Bessemer Venture Partners, Alate Partners, Quiet Capital, S28 Capital, Canvas Ventures, Comcast Ventures, Upshift Partners, Impala Ventures, ENIAC Ventures, Crystal Towers and a number of leading angel investors.
We were founded in 2015 and currently serve major cities in both the US and Europe.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As the Vice-President of Global Client Operations & Service, you will have a high degree of autonomy to define, grow and scale the team with the goal of growing the overall business for Eden by delivering an exceptional client experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to shape a team in a fast-growing, pre-IPO, global company. The role is a unique combination of high-level management across facilities / real estate operations, client services, and client expansion. Based in San Francisco or New York, you will lead a team of 20+ (and growing fast) including 3 Regional Managers. The role reports into our COO.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Lead the team
- Deepen customer engagement and satisfaction by identifying ways we can improve service outcomes across all clients. Build a customer-focused service mentality across the team and model this behavior by establishing relationships with our most valuable clients.
- Lead the team to be problem solvers; As the Global VP, you will help address highest level client escalations. Guide outcomes for facilities related projects and drive quality assurance processes.
- Motivate and encourage team members to both excel and feel successful.
- Create a culture driven by our core values including being kind, recognizing success, being a learning entity, and being human.
- Teach and lead the team to be experts at upselling and cross-selling additional Eden services to grow Eden revenue.
Manage the team
- Measure and manage metrics weekly & monthly and report into Executive Team. Primary goals include client retention, project retention, and increase in client account value / expanding client accounts.
- Create operational rigor around processes, particularly with regard to communication, internal cross-functional work, and adherence to workflows.
- Establish new processes and procedures that enable us to meet and exceed client requests in a scaleable manner.
- Help hire, train and onboard team members.
- Provide clear, frequent and actionable feedback to individuals and the department on their work performance. Drive accountability and understanding of how each individual contributes to the overall company goals.
Establish our Global Vision and Strategy
- Create Eden’s Global Vision and Strategy for Client Operations & Service as we grow and roll-out new offerings.
- Work with cross-functional partners including Sales, Product & Engineering and Projects Team to implement improvements to our customers’ experience with our product or company.
- Work through localization decisions across countries.
- Identify new areas of expertise we need to bring onto the team to serve client needs.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in a business environment with increasing levels of responsibilities in operations or a program/project management capacity.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with senior-level clients.
- Experience in facilities management, construction management, real estate management, office management or hospitality highly desired.
- 7+ years in a leadership/management role managing direct reports, ideally managers of managers. Demonstrated success building, mentoring/coaching and growing a team is a must. (You should be someone they would want to follow to another company.)
- A passion for problem-solving; you are scrappy and have a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.
- Experience growing Client Accounts; you are comfortable up-selling and cross-selling clients on additional ways Eden can help them.
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity. You know the only thing constant is change, and you can quickly adapt especially in high-pressure situations.
- Goal-driven and target-oriented: You love to crush your goals and metrics through amazing teamwork.
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Team-oriented, friendly and no-nonsense (large egos need not apply.)
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree valued.
- You have a good sense of humor! And read to the end of the job description.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of a fast-growing Y Combinator startup
- Be part of a company that uniquely leverages technology to empower a diverse range of people, from our on-site service partners to our individual clients
- Fun office environment
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Generous stock options
- Daily lunch in the office + snacks
- 401(k) contribution opportunity
- Cool swag
- Great location near Bryant Park