Are you our next Web Developer?
Come join our team of passionate people on a mission to democratise learning and be the world's largest mobile learning platform! Our goal is to train and upskill millions of people around the world - via mobile technology.
EdApp has a mobile first micro learning platform which handles tens of thousands of lessons every day. Our platform is being rapidly adopted across the globe – where we get to help our client deliver more engaging and effective micro-learning throughout US, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Our company has a young and progressive culture, with everyone enjoying being part of a winning team.
We are facing all the exciting challenges of operating at scale and now need to focus on top of the funnel acquisition! You'd be our first ever web focussed designer, taking full ownership of our website and driving key marketing initiatives to optimise our site and increase lead generation. This role is all about ownership and impact. You will be able to implement changes quickly working closely with our SEO lead, web designer, marketing growth hacker and content team.
You can read more about EdApp at http://www.edapp.com and https://www.slideshare.net/ElzaanPienaar/edapp-life-edapp?qid=040eae83-865f-4fc0-9d0c-edd80ffc4d84&v=&b=&from_search=
Day to day responsibilities:
- Build and maintain website - always focussing on site performance and speed
- Work closely with the marketing team to drive the growth of MQLs through fast agile delivery of marketing initiatives
- Help optimise online sign up conversions to the products through continual adjustments to our website
- Contribute, document and maintain the web components in the design system for use across the marketing platforms
- Support the execution of various marketing and industry focussed campaigns from a technical perspective
The tech specs:
Currently the blog is in WordPress and the website is in Jade + SAS. We are looking to move to using NextJS + Prismic.
Our mobile application is built in React.js + redux (front end); .Netcore (C#) (back end); AWS/Kubernetes (infrastructure) and MongoDB, PostgreSQL & Snowflake (databases).
You will love the role if you:
- Get excited about site speed and performance of our website to ensure it is optimised and a great user experiences
- Want to work with a cross functional team - intersecting with content, design, product & engineering teams
- Have strong project management skills and thrive on implementing changes quickly
- Take initiative in order to be able to identify possible problems before they arise and identify potential solutions
- Have the ability to communicate in a professional manner with team-mates and other areas of the business
- Have a thirst for knowledge and want to grow with the company
Ideally, we are looking for someone who has had at least 3-4 years experience working as a web developer in a product environment. You must have had experience across the following: