Are you our next DevOps Engineer?
Come join our team of passionate people on a mission to democratise learning and be the world's largest mobile learning platform! Our goal is to train and upskill millions of people around the world - via mobile technology.
You'd be joining a growing team of 25+ engineers, a mix of front and back end engineers split between offices in Sydney and New York City.
Our mobile first micro learning platform handles tens of thousands of lessons every day which means you will get the experience making a significant impact working on a large scale enterprise platform. We are facing all the exciting challenges of operating at scale and now need to focus on improving our deployment confidence, decoupling our front end and back end code base and rewriting legacy code, all whilst ensuring we build new features and can handle scale! This role will help us significantly improve our platform and is all about ownership and impact. You will be able to implement quickly and will build a robust solution for our users.
You can read more about EdApp at http://www.edapp.com and https://www.slideshare.net/ElzaanPienaar/edapp-life-edapp?qid=040eae83-865f-4fc0-9d0c-edd80ffc4d84&v=&b=&from_search=1
Day to day responsibilities:
- Writing code that improves scalability, performance, maintainability and security
- Automating build pipelines
- Bash scripting and building and re-writing our CI/CD pipelines - making significant improvements to the deployment process
- Building new infrastructure to handle a significant increase in monthly active users on a global scal
- Rolling out Kubernetes & other new infrastructure
- Working with cross functional teams to address and fix any technical roadblocks or performance issues
- Actively questioning and suggesting improvements to current systems, work practices, and processes
- Managing and growing a team of devops & SRE engineers
- Contributing to the team culture and having fun along the way!
The tech specs:
Our mobile application is built in React.js + redux (front end); .Netcore (C#) (back end); AWS/Kubernetes (infrastructure) and MongoDB, PostgreSQL & Snowflake (databases).
You will love the role if you:
- Get excited about implementing new infrastructure and processes
- Take pride in your work and can produce maintainable, clear solutions
- Love writing automation scripts at scale
- Have a 'team first' mindset and love motivating and collaborating with your team towards achieving deadlines and goals
- have experience in leading and influencing others
- Take initiative in order to be able to identify possible problems before they arise and identify potential solutions
- Have the ability to communicate in a professional manner with team-mates and other areas of the business
- Have a thirst for knowledge and want to grow with the company
Ideally, we are looking for someone who has had 3-4 years experience working on mobile applications with a minimum of 1 year working with Docker and container based technologies. You must have had experience across the following:
We want to hear all about you - What drives you? What motivates you? and what are you working on in your spare time? Please respond to this with as much detail about yourself as you think useful - and tell us why you think you'd be a great fit for EdApp!