At Eco, we’re building the future of money. Our mission is to put people’s money back to work for them — letting them see more upside from their money than they do today.
We’ve created the Eco App, a digital wallet that replaces traditional banking services with a single, simple balance, offering users up to 5% APY rewards on their balance and 5% cash back at top merchants like Uber, Amazon, and more. Features like Bill Pay allow our users to put their financial life on autopilot. Even better, we reward every transaction with Eco Points, the world's first open rewards currency, which will fundamentally upgrade traditional money and reimagine how currency flows through the world. Although it may not seem it on the surface, Eco is a crypto-enabled company — and Eco Points will soon be so, too.
Eco is an ambitious company on a mission to make your money work better for you. We need dreamers, doers, creators, and storytellers to help make this vision a reality. If you’re motivated by working on complex and important challenges that matter to everyone and want to be part of a world-class team, come join us!
As an Accountant at Eco, you will:
- Become a subject-matter expert on various aspects of our day-to-day accounting operation, including accounts payable, vendor management, expense analysis, and more.
- Have a say in how we build-- we’re going to be steadily growing our internal accounting capability and your opinion will be valuable as we scale.
- Participate in the management of the General Ledger, inclusive of transaction coding, account structuring, reconciliations, and everything in between.
- Progress Eco’s cross-team initiatives, working with the People Operations, Legal, Compliance, and Payment Operations teams on a regular basis.
We’re looking for you if:
- You have a firm grasp of basic and intermediate accounting principles.
- You never miss a detail. You’re the Sherlock Holmes of accounting.
- You are super passionate about accounting; monthly reconciliations bring you to your happy place.
- You’re comfortable navigating uncharted waters. We operate at the frontier of accounting and there aren’t always clear guidelines on how to code certain transactions.
- You have at least 1 year of previous experience working in an accounting role.
- You want to be a part of building something great and are excited by the prospect of joining a rapidly growing startup.
The target US base salary range for this full-time position is $62,500 - $83,000, plus tokens, equity, and best-in-class benefits. Within this range, individual pay is determined by a number of non-discriminatory factors such as relevant skills and experience. At Eco, we take a geographically neutral approach to compensation, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location.
Benefits of working at Eco:
- Fully remote organization that allows you to work anywhere in the US or Canada.
- Annual company retreats and regular co-working opportunities in different cities throughout the US.
- 100% employer-sponsored medical, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and your dependents.
- Unlimited vacation and flexible work culture.
- 401(k) plan with company match.
- Work-from-home stipend, monthly wellness allowance, and annual learning & development allowance.
- Fully offset carbon footprint provided through our partnership with Klima Infinity (Eco as a company is carbon neutral!).
Please note that we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, background, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status or disability. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please feel free to let us know.