Eco puts your money back to work for you — creating the first consumer fintech product whose creators are aligned with its users. Financial infrastructure hasn't changed since the 1970s. All we've gotten are shinier products built on the same broken systems.
The Eco App changes that, starting by building the best place to spend, send, save and make money. We combine high-yield savings with rewarded spending in a single, compounding balance that's easy to manage. Eco lets you pay your bills and put your financial life on autopilot. And through all of this — unlike every other fintech company — we don't skim from you.
That’s only possible because we’re building Eco Points, a new rewards currency for the Eco community. Eco Points keep us—our company, App users, and the community of people already building for Eco—aligned to win together. And this is just the beginning. New Points features are emerging every month as we think about how Eco can fundamentally upgrade traditional money. And in case you’re wondering: there’s much, much more to Points than meets the eye.
Every day, we're working on difficult and impactful problems which demand solutions at the intersection of technology, product, marketing, and advocacy. To achieve our mission and realize our vision, we’ve put together an incredible team and are selectively adding to it. We hope you’ll consider joining us.
As an Android Engineer at Eco, you will:
- Build from scratch the native android application to feature parity with our iOS app.
- Build and maintain our continuous integration process to continuously deploy builds both internally and externally (we use Circle and Fastlane).
- Maintain and extend automated tests of our mobile applications, balancing test coverage, speed of development, and user trust.
- Collaborate with the backend team to build the best possible user experience and simplify and improve users’ financial lives.
- Take responsibility for the development and launch of individual features, from business requirements through to delivery.
- Debug user-facing issues, and support our customer service team in delivering solutions when our users encounter problems (a responsibility we take very seriously, and share teamwide).
We’re looking for you if:
- Have 4+ years experience building and shipping production-grade apps in native Android
- Have experience instrumenting and measuring the success of the products you build and data to iterate and make informed decisions about future products and features
- Enjoy learning new tools, platforms and languages and introducing them to the team in order to improve the developer/user experience.
- Like setting a high bar for code quality and app performance
- You deeply care about how users perceive products you build — from the interactions to privacy considerations, and everything in between.
- Fanatical attention to detail, especially regarding user experience, security, and trust.
- You learn fast, are collaborative by default, and have outstanding communication skills (especially written).
- Extra points for experience building apps with MAD (Modern Android Development) methodologies and frameworks such as Kotlin, Jetpack Compose, Structured Concurrency, LiveData
Benefits of working at Eco:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and your dependents
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Work from home stipend, monthly wellness allowance, and annual learning & development allowance
- Remote-first organization with annual international offsites and regular co-working opportunities in different cities throughout the US
- We’ll offset your carbon footprint as a team member through our partnership with Klima Infinity (Eco as a company is carbon neutral!)
Please note that we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, background, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status or disability. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please feel free to let us know.