Eco puts your money back to work for you — creating the first consumer fintech product whose creators are aligned with its users. Financial infrastructure hasn't changed since the 1970s. All we've gotten are shinier products built on the same broken systems.
The Eco App changes that, starting by building the best place to save and spend your dollars. We combine high-yield savings with rewarded spending in a single, compounding balance that's easy to manage. Eco lets you pay your bills and put your financial life on autopilot. And through all of this — unlike every other fintech company — we don't skim from you.
That’s only possible because we’re building Eco Points, a new rewards currency for the Eco community. Eco Points keep us—our company, App users, and the community of people already building for Eco—aligned to win together. And this is just the beginning. New Points features are emerging every month as we think about how Eco can fundamentally upgrade traditional money. And in case you’re wondering: there’s much, much more to Points than meets the eye.
Every day, we're working on difficult and impactful problems which demand solutions at the intersection of technology, product, marketing, and advocacy. To achieve our mission and realize our vision, we’ve put together an incredible team and are selectively adding to it. We hope you’ll consider joining us.
As Legal Counsel at Eco, you will:
- Work directly with teams across the company, advising product, engineering, go-to-market, and others on issues related to product development, regulatory compliance, consumer protection, privacy, and commercial legal considerations.
- Participate in the rise of crypto, navigating the legal issues and opportunities that occur when traditional contract and regulatory frameworks meet new technology.
- Manage corporate governance, entity maintenance and equity matters for all legal entities, including things like board and shareholder consents, stock option grants, cap table management, and annual state entity registration filings.
- Support HR in all matters, including hiring processes, offer letters, policy development, compliance efforts, and management of international hiring efforts.
- Collaborate with business leaders on structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial arrangements with partners and vendors.
- Support the General Counsel on a wide range of strategic legal initiatives to support and protect the growth of Eco.
We’re looking for you if:
- You have a J.D. and are in good standing with a state bar, and have 3+ years of experience working at a law firm or on an in-house legal team.
- You are passionate (or curious) about crypto and web3 technologies.
- You’re pragmatic and creative in your lawyering, and enjoy empowering the business to accomplish its goals.
- You have experience working in a fast-paced environment where the legal team needs to provide guidance in real time.
- You have exceptional and consistent attention to detail, integrity and work ethic.
- You have a desire to learn new areas of the law and take on new challenges.
Nice to haves:
- Background at a consumer financial product and/or crypto firm.
- Experience working with technical and product teams on rolling out new features, partnerships and initiatives.
- Strong understanding of how startups work - entity structures, employee equity, corporate governance.
Benefits of working at Eco:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and your dependents
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Work from home stipend, monthly wellness allowance, and annual learning & development allowance
- Remote-first organization with annual international offsites and regular co-working opportunities in different cities throughout the US
- We’ll offset your carbon footprint as a team member through our partnership with Klima Infinity (Eco as a company is carbon neutral!)
Please note that we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, background, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status or disability. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please feel free to let us know.