Eco puts your money back to work for you — creating the first consumer fintech product whose creators are aligned with its users. Financial infrastructure hasn't changed since the 1970s. All we've gotten are shinier products built on the same broken systems.
The Eco App changes that, starting by building the best place to save and spend your dollars. We combine high-yield savings with rewarded spending in a single, compounding balance that's easy to manage. Soon we'll let you pay your bills and put your financial life on autopilot. And through all of this — unlike every other fintech company — we don't skim from you.
That's only possible because we're working to introduce the Eco Currency, a new money built for real people. We believe that cryptocurrencies can fundamentally upgrade traditional money — but that won't happen without widespread distribution and a path to adoption. The Eco App is the first product to provide such a path, beginning with a familiar interface built for US Dollars and slowly building trust as we educate users on the benefits of this new paradigm.
Every day, we're working on difficult and impactful problems which demand solutions at the intersection of technology, product, marketing, and advocacy. To achieve our mission and realize our vision, we’ve put together an incredible team and are selectively adding to it. We hope you’ll consider joining us.
As an Staff Backend Engineer at Eco, you will:
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and architectural support for a small team of engineers
- Design and implement partner APIs integrations to grow the range of financial products and services Eco offers.
- Write code to create and maintain APIs that deliver consistent abstractions to empower our frontend developers.
- Monitor and maintain infrastructure to ensure ongoing operation of our backend services
- Participate in all product development phases from requirements to production-ready code
- Mentor junior engineers as they grow their careers, personally and professionally
We’re looking for you if:
- You have 8+ years of backend engineering experience
- You develop with a focus on testability or for the purpose of performing automated tests.
- You possess a strong understanding of security and privacy. Preserving user trust is a high priority for you.
- You have proven a strong aptitude for learning new technologies with a good instinct for discovering defects.
- You learn fast, are collaborative by default, and have outstanding communication skills (especially written).
Nice to haves:
- Experience in Fintech, payments, and/or cryptocurrency
- Familiarity with PCI compliance requirements
- Experience with NestJS, GraphQL, Docker, and Continuous Integration tools like CircleCI, Travis, Jenkins, or BuildKite
- Technical operations/devops experience, especially with container orchestration tools like Nomad, Kubernetes, and Hashicorp tools like Terraform, Consul, and Vault
- Knowledge of cryptography fundamentals
Technologies we use:
- Nest.js, Typescript
- AWS (data, compute)
Please note that we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, background, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status or disability. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please feel free to let us know.