Eco puts your money back to work for you — creating the first consumer fintech product whose creators are aligned with its users. Financial infrastructure hasn't changed since the 1970s. All we've gotten are shinier products built on the same broken systems.
The Eco App changes that, starting by building the best place to save and spend your dollars. We combine high-yield savings with rewarded spending in a single, compounding balance that's easy to manage. Soon we'll let you pay your bills and put your financial life on autopilot. And through all of this — unlike every other fintech company — we don't skim from you.
That's only possible because we're working to introduce the Eco Currency, a new money built for real people. We believe that cryptocurrencies can fundamentally upgrade traditional money — but that won't happen without widespread distribution and a path to adoption. The Eco App is the first product to provide such a path, beginning with a familiar interface built for US Dollars and slowly building trust as we educate users on the benefits of this new paradigm.
Every day, we're working on difficult and impactful problems which demand solutions at the intersection of technology, product, marketing, and advocacy. To achieve our mission and realize our vision, we’ve put together an incredible team and are selectively adding to it. We hope you’ll consider joining us.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer at Eco, you will:
- Focus on client-side UI (working primarily in React/React Native initially) in the Eco App.
- Collaborate with the backend team to build the best possible user experience and simplify and improve users’ financial lives.
- Take responsibility for the development and launch of individual features, from business requirements through to delivery.
- Integrate the Eco Cryptocurrency to enable benefits no other fintech product can offer.
- Debug user-facing issues, and support our customer service team in delivering solutions when our users encounter problems (a responsibility we take very seriously, and share teamwide).
- Maintain and extend automated tests of our web and mobile applications, balancing test coverage, speed of development, and user trust.
We’re looking for you if:
- You deeply care about how users perceive products you build — from the interactions to privacy considerations, and everything in between.
- You have experience building consumer mobile applications that have shipped to millions of users.
- You have a designer’s sentiment and attention to detail, especially regarding user experience, security, and trust.
- You consider discipline, integrity and unparalleled work ethic to be three of your core values.
- You learn fast, are collaborative by default, and have outstanding communication skills (especially written).
- Bonus points if you already already have: both native and React Native mobile development experience; knowledge of payment technology, fintech, and/or crypto.
Please note that we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, background, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status or disability. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please feel free to let us know.