Eco puts your money back to work for you — creating the first consumer fintech product whose creators are aligned with its users. Financial infrastructure hasn't changed since the 1970s. All we've gotten are shinier products built on the same broken systems.
The Eco App changes that, starting by building the best place to save and spend your dollars. We combine high-yield savings with rewarded spending in a single, compounding balance that's easy to manage. Soon we'll let you pay your bills and put your financial life on autopilot. And through all of this — unlike every other fintech company — we don't skim from you.
That's only possible because we're working to introduce the Eco Currency, a new money built for real people. We believe that cryptocurrencies can fundamentally upgrade traditional money — but that won't happen without widespread distribution and a path to adoption. The Eco App is the first product to provide such a path, beginning with a familiar interface built for US Dollars and slowly building trust as we educate users on the benefits of this new paradigm.
Every day, we're working on difficult and impactful problems which demand solutions at the intersection of technology, product, marketing, and advocacy. To achieve our mission and realize our vision, we’ve put together an incredible team and are selectively adding to it. We hope you’ll consider joining us.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will:
- Experience working collaboratively on a cross-functional team.
- Integrate partner APIs into our backend system to grow the range of financial products and services Eco offers.
- Write code to create and maintain APIs that deliver consistent abstractions to empower our frontend developers.
- Monitor and support the ongoing operation of our backend servers.
- Participate in all product development phases from requirements to production.
- Champion for a remarkable user experience by supporting our user support team in debugging user-facing issues and delivering solutions (a responsibility we take very seriously, and share teamwide).
We’re looking for you if:
- You have 5+ years of backend engineering experience, preferably with a consumer facing fintech product.
- You develop with a focus on testability or for the purpose of performing automated tests.
- You possess a strong understanding of security and privacy. Preserving user trust is a high priority for you.
- You have proven a strong aptitude for learning new technologies with a good instinct for discovering defects.
- You learn fast, are collaborative by default, and have outstanding communication skills (especially written).
- Bonus points if you already already have: experience with NestJS, GraphQL, Docker, and Continuous Integration tools; knowledge of payment technology, fintech, and/or crypto.
Please note that we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, background, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status or disability. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please feel free to let us know.