Eco puts your money back to work for you — creating the first consumer fintech product whose creators are aligned with its users. Financial infrastructure hasn't changed since the 1970s. All we've gotten are shinier products built on the same broken systems.
The Eco App changes that, starting by building the best place to save and spend your dollars. We combine high-yield savings with rewarded spending in a single, compounding balance that's easy to manage. Soon we'll let you pay your bills and put your financial life on autopilot. And through all of this — unlike every other fintech company — we don't skim from you.
That's only possible because we're working to introduce the Eco Currency, a new money built for real people. We believe that cryptocurrencies can fundamentally upgrade traditional money — but that won't happen without widespread distribution and a path to adoption. The Eco App is the first product to provide such a path, beginning with a familiar interface built for US Dollars and slowly building trust as we educate users on the benefits of this new paradigm.
Every day, we're working on difficult and impactful problems which demand solutions at the intersection of technology, product, marketing, and advocacy. To achieve our mission and realize our vision, we’ve put together an incredible team and are selectively adding to it. We hope you’ll consider joining us.
As a Blockchain / Smart Contract Engineer at Eco, you will:
- Be integral to implementing and launching the Eco cryptocurrency (built on Ethereum).
- Work regularly with security auditors and external contributors to document and upgrade Eco currency code.
- Support and maintain an active test economy, as well as integrations with partner protocols.
- Act as primary contributor to the Eco tech community, evaluating and implementing upgrade proposals.
- Ensure Eco smart contracts track state of the art by evaluating new DeFi protocols, EIPs, Layer 1 and Layer 2 mechanisms, etc.
We’re looking for you if:
- You’re drawn to the hardest problems with the greatest potential impact.
- You combine strong CS/Software Engineering fundamentals with a strong background in math and security.
- You have knowledge of cryptography fundamentals and independent interest in economics.
- You fail fast, prioritize tests, and you’re comfortable up and down the software stack.
Please note that we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, background, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status or disability. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please feel free to let us know.