First and foremost, you have a strong interest in blockchain technology, applied cryptography, economics and programming. You want to gain exposure to the space and work with and learn from an amazing team of entrepreneurs on an exciting, ground-breaking, open source project. You have a background in computer science, engineering, or fintech, and ideally, you have completed an undergraduate degree in one of these fields, yet strong candidates will be considered regardless.
We have the potential to hire three interns to join the team for the summer. Reach out to us if you think you’d be a good fit for any of the roles below.
- Permissioning Bitcoin
- Investigation of various methods of permissioning Bitcoin
- Security analysis of solutions
- C++/Golang Proof of Concept
- Investigation of hardware solutions for Eco nodes
- Security concerns
- Future utility/flexibility
- Custody solutions
- Eco Distribution Scheme investigation.
- Design option analysis
- Security analysis
- C++/Golang/Solidity Proof of Concept
- Investigation of reputation system dynamics
- Game theoretic analysis of system dynamics - equilibrium analysis, pareto optimal calculation etc.
- Algorithm research
- C++ simulation
- Investigate various KYC methodologies
- Legal/defacto standards etc.
- Existing mechanisms overview
- Country specific onboarding mechanisms
Candidates are expected to approach the given problem with a technology agnostic mindset and give due consideration to all possible secure solutions. Candidates are expected to detail their findings in a series of reports. Where applicable candidates are expected to model methodologies devised through Proof of Concept demonstrations.
- Undergraduate or graduate student
- Degree completed or in-progress in computer science, engineering, or fintech preferred
- Vancouver, CA or SF based
This is a full-time, temporary position that can be based in our Vancouver or San Francisco office, with a competitive salary, attractive perks, and you get to work with a great team with a proven track-record.
Eco is designing a digital currency for everyone, everywhere: a currency that will provide individuals across the globe with greater financial control and independence. Eco aims to create the most usable digital currency platform to date, building a protocol that will enable a distributed payment platform that is transparent, usable, and efficient.