Graduate Trader | 2025 Intake
Commencement date: February 2025
Eclipse Trading is one of Asia's leading proprietary derivatives trading firms. Founded in 2007, we have over 100 employees across three office locations – Hong Kong (our HQ), Sydney, and Shanghai. Our trading expertise and strategies are deployed across several Asian markets and although we mainly specialise in equity derivatives, we also trade delta one, ETFs, commodity derivatives, and crypto currency products. Technology is inextricably linked to our trading strategies, creating an environment powered by intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and innovation.
We are looking for recent university graduates to join our trading team. Ideal candidates will have a degree within disciplines such as Economics, Business, Actuarial, Mathematics/Statistics, Quantitative Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry, Econometrics, or any other related fields.
The successful candidate will go through an intensive training program in Hong Kong or Sydney, which typically lasts for 3 months. The learning curve is continuous and your proactive approach is essential in succeeding. You will study options theory and different strategies, and your knowledge will be tested in a simulated trading environment. Once you pass the training program, you'll join the trading desk and from day one you will be given responsibilities as a member of our trading team.
What you offer
- Graduated within the last 18 months in one of the above listed disciplines
- High level of numerical ability
- Competitive mind-set
- Ability to work under pressure
- Motivation to work as part of a team as well as independently
What we offer
- A collaborative culture with motivated, intelligent, and respectful colleagues
- Ongoing mentoring – from the start of your training right through to your time working as part of the trading team
- Hands-on experience in the most exciting part of the financial industry, with direct impact on trading
- A flat management structure, where everyone's voice is valued
- Work life balance within a multi-cultural environment
- An amazing office with views of Sydney Harbour, complete with a fully stocked kitchen for breakfast and lunch.
Eclipse Trading is an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diversity and inclusion are essential pillars of our success as a company. We are dedicated to embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential.
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Due to the high number of responses that we receive, we are only able to respond to successful applicants.