Senior Manager of Individual Giving
New York, New York
About Echoing Green
Echoing Green identifies tomorrow’s transformational leaders today. Through the Echoing Green Fellowships and other innovative leadership initiatives, Echoing Green spots emerging leaders and invests deeply in their success to accelerate their impact.
For more than 30 years, Echoing Green has been on the front lines of solving the world’s biggest problems, supporting visionary leaders willing to speak truth to power and challenge the status quo. Since its founding, Echoing Green has provided more than $45 million to over 800 Fellows working in 86 countries on issues such as race and gender equity, environmental justice, economic development and more.
They’ve established a global community of leaders who have launched Teach For America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Last Mile Health, Hot Bread Kitchen, Public Allies, and hundreds of others. These organizations have leveraged Echoing Green’s seed investment to raise more than $5 billion in funding for the public good. Echoing Green unleashes long-lasting change at the intersection of social justice and social innovation by finding the best and the brightest leaders, bringing them together, and launching them on their path to success.
Those who work at Echoing Green have a front row seat to the brightest leaders with the most innovative ideas driving social progress across the world. They are fired up to be their partners, their advocates, and their biggest champion.
For more information on Echoing Green, please visit www.echoinggreen.org.
An integral member of the Development Team, the Senior Manager of Individual Giving is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies and initiatives to ensure a strong base of financial support for Echoing Green. The Senior Manager of Individual Giving will work closely with members of the Development Team and the Leadership Team to manage and cultivate the portfolio of existing donors to increase retention and giving levels in addition to identifying prospective high-net worth donors. The Senior Manager of Individual Giving serves as an ambassador for Echoing Green, a core contributor in reaching organizational goals and objectives.
We value the ability to serve fellows from a broad range of cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, abilities and orientations. Therefore, we prioritize applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits diversity brings to a professional social entrepreneurship community. The successful candidate will be an equity-minded individual committed to collaborating with an internal team and external community partners who are also committed to closing equity gaps.
The position is based in New York, New York but can be remote and will report to the Senior Director of Development.
- Manage and cultivate a portfolio of 75-100 existing and prospective 5-, 6- and 7-figure individual donors.
- Supervise all aspects of the individual giving program.
- Design and execute individual donor fundraising campaigns and activities.
- Analyze prospect research with a keen understanding of moves management to steward donors towards major gifts.
- Lead and mentor a team of development associates.
- Ensure proper donor recognition in all publications and oversee accurate donor lists for those publications.
- Manage the creation and production of all fundraising/outreach materials, including (but not limited to) letters, emails, and prospectuses.
- Maintain up to date and accurate records of all individual donors in the Echoing Green database.
- A Bachelor’s Degree.
- A minimum of 7 years demonstrated front-line experience and success in fundraising and fundraising management.
- Strong analytical and prospect research skills.
- A high level of discretion and ethical approach to fundraising.
- Proficiency in Salesforce and to proactively utilize it for donor management and reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with great attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and stakeholders.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines with competing timelines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of awareness and monitors US fundraising trends and best practices.
- Demonstrates a collaborative, flexible, and well-suited work style to excel in an entrepreneurial, collegial environment at all levels both internally and externally.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and to work/travel on evenings and weekends.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite/ Google Suite.
- Alignment with the mission and vision of Echoing Green.
Base Salary is $95,000 annually.
Echoing Green offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, and a 403(b)-retirement savings plan with an employer match.
As an equal opportunity employer, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.