Associate, Corporate & Foundation Giving
At Echoing Green
New York, New York
About Echoing Green
Echoing Green identifies tomorrow’s transformational leaders today. Through the Echoing Green Fellowships and other innovative leadership initiatives, Echoing Green spots emerging leaders and invests deeply in their success to accelerate their impact.
For more than 30 years, Echoing Green has been on the front lines of solving the world’s biggest problems, supporting visionary leaders willing to speak truth to power and challenge the status quo. Since its founding, Echoing Green has provided more than $45 million to over 800 Fellows working in 86 countries on issues such as race and gender equity, environmental justice, economic development and more.
They’ve established a global community of leaders who have launched Teach For America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Last Mile Health, Hot Bread Kitchen, Public Allies, and hundreds of others. These organizations have leveraged Echoing Green’s seed investment to raise more than $5 billion in funding for the public good. Echoing Green unleashes long-lasting change at the intersection of social justice and social innovation by finding the best and the brightest leaders, bringing them together, and launching them on their path to success.
Those who work at Echoing Green have a front row seat to the brightest leaders with the most innovative ideas driving social progress across the world. They are fired up to be their partners, their advocates, and their biggest champion.
For more information on Echoing Green, please visit www.echoinggreen.org.
The Associate, Corporate & Foundation Giving, will provide administrative and organizational support to assist the Development Team meet its annual goal of raising $12.5M from corporate and foundation donors globally as well as gifts-in-kind (GIK) from major corporations through cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of relationships. The Associate, Corporate & Foundation Giving will assist the team by maintaining Salesforce, collaborating and assisting on special projects and events related to donor stewardship, and measuring organizational impact through robust metrics tracking. We are looking for a dynamic, motivated, team player who is committed to our cause and has a track record of delivering results.
We value the ability to serve fellows from a broad range of cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, abilities and orientations. Therefore, we prioritize applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits diversity brings to a professional social entrepreneurship community. The successful candidate will be an equity-minded individual committed to collaborating with an internal team and external community partners who are also committed to closing equity gaps.
The position is based in New York, New York and reports to the Senior Manager, Corporate and Foundation Relations.
- Conduct research and create profiles on prospective foundations and corporations.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Manage all administrative details associated with internal and external stakeholder meetings.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of corporate and foundation gift efforts.
- Support an annual portfolio of 75-100 donors/prospects with annual goals for visitations and outcomes to secure unrestricted corporate and foundation grants for Echoing Green.
- Establish continuous donor-focused relationships.
- Assist the Sr. Manager, Corporate & Foundation with all proposal and grant report writing.
- Represent Echoing Green and its mission when speaking to corporate and foundation representatives ensuring alignment between organizational mission and funder expectations.
- Support other special projects, as needed.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of three years' experience in a not-for-profit development office.
- Experience working with a CRM such as Salesforce.
- Proactive work style with the ability to work independently and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Sound judgment and discretion in handling and securing confidential information.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Collaborative, flexible, and well-suited to participating in an entrepreneurial, collegial environment at all levels both internally and externally.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and to work/travel on evenings and weekends.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite/ Google Suite.
- Alignment with the mission and vision of Echoing Green.
Base Salary is $60,000 annually.
Echoing Green offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, and a 403(b)-retirement savings plan with an employer match.
As an equal opportunity employer, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.