About Echoing Green
Echoing Green identifies tomorrow’s transformational leaders today. Through the Echoing Green Fellowships and other innovative leadership initiatives, Echoing Green spots emerging leaders and invests deeply in their success to accelerate their impact.
For more than 30 years, Echoing Green has been on the front lines of solving the world’s biggest problems, supporting visionary leaders willing to speak truth to power and challenge the status quo. Since its founding, Echoing Green has provided more than $45 million to over 800 Fellows working in 86 countries on issues such as race and gender equity, environmental justice, economic development and more.
They’ve established a global community of leaders who have launched Teach For America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Last Mile Health, Hot Bread Kitchen, Public Allies, and hundreds of others. These organizations have leveraged Echoing Green’s seed investment to raise more than $5 billion in funding for the public good. Echoing Green unleashes long-lasting change at the intersection of social justice and social innovation by finding the best and the brightest leaders, bringing them together, and launching them on their path to success.
Those who work at Echoing Green have a front row seat to the brightest leaders with the most innovative ideas driving social progress across the world. They are fired up to be their partners, their advocates, and their biggest champions.
For more information on Echoing Green, please visit www.echoinggreen.org.
The Associate, Communications is a non-exempt entry-level position supporting the work of the communications department, reporting to the digital strategist. The Associate, Communications will work closely with members of the communications, development, programs, and operations teams. This is a key position responsible for elevating the organization's brand and perspective across Echoing Green's channels and supporting the organization's outreach and audience engagement goals on digital channels. This role will have exposure to all elements of Echoing Green's communications and marketing efforts, including content generation and implementation on social media, email newsletters, and Echoing Green's website. They will collaborate with team members to support Echoing Green's mission and commitment to advancing racial equity through social innovation.
We prioritize applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits diversity brings to a professional social entrepreneurship community. The successful candidate will be an equity-minded individual committed to collaborating with an internal team and external community partners who are also committed to closing equity gaps.
Digital Communications & Marketing (75%)
Echoing Green’s digital strategy activates and connects a diverse community of social entrepreneurs, donors, advisors, and partners. This role will support digital engagement by:
- Refining and creating content for multi-channel storytelling, including asset and content sourcing, drafting, and implementation for Echoing Green's growing social media channels and newsletters
- Maintain and update organization's websites
- Work with the digital strategist to assess and report on performance of digital campaigns
- Lead internal reporting and debriefing on digital campaigns, work with digital strategist to implement improvements over time
- Work across teams to help organization maintain brand guidelines on presentations
- Recommend, implement and maintain site design and operations
- Create, edit, and/or proofread Echoing Green newsletters
- Research, write, and edit articles and new content for marketing emails
- Adhere to existing brand guidelines, including tone and voice to maintain consistency
Administration and Systems (25%):
- Administer the day-to-day systems some of which include, Salesforce, Campaign Monitor, Wordpress, Google Analytics, Form Assembly, and social listening tools like Hootsuite
- Work with digital strategist to manage vendor relationships
- Work with digital strategist to maintain social media and email marketing content calendars
- 1-2 years nonprofit work experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience with or interest in learning tools such as Wordpress, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro and Campaign Monitor
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Collaborative, flexible, and well-suited to participating in an entrepreneurial, collegial environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish effective working relationships with staff at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Alignment with the mission and vision of Echoing Green
Base Salary: $46,000+
Echoing Green offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, and a 403(b)-retirement savings plan with an employer match.
As an equal opportunity employer, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.