About Echoing Green
Echoing Green identifies tomorrow’s transformational leaders today. Through its Fellowships and other innovative leadership initiatives, Echoing Green spots emerging leaders and invests deeply in their success to accelerate their impact.
Echoing Green has been ahead of the curve for 30 years, supporting visionary leaders around the world who are transforming their communities by addressing challenges in focus areas related to economic development, racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Since its founding, Echoing Green has provided more than $45 million in funding to over 800+ Fellows who have worked in more than 86 countries and 39 U.S. states.
They’ve established a global community of emerging leaders who have launched Teach For America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Last Mile Health, Hot Bread Kitchen, Public Allies, and hundreds of others. These organizations have leveraged Echoing Green’s seed investment to raise more than $5 billion in public and private funding. Echoing Green unleashes outstanding potential by tracking down the best and the brightest leaders, bringing them together, and launching them on their path to success.
Those who work at Echoing Green have a front-row seat to the brightest leaders with the most innovative ideas driving social progress across the world. The team is fired up to be their partners, their advocates, and their biggest champions.
For more information on Echoing Green, please visit www.echoinggreen.org.
The Senior Manager of Corporate and Foundation Giving will play an integral role in helping Echoing Green meet its annual goal of raising $7M from corporate and foundation donors globally as well as gifts-in-kind (GINKI) from major corporations through cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of relationships. Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, the Senior Manager will contribute to the development and execution of Echoing Green’s fundraising strategy to successfully secure funding from foundations and corporations, and will be responsible for working cross departmentally in partnership with Echoing Green’s Executive Leadership, External Affairs, Programs, and Thought Leadership teams. This is a senior role within the Development team (a part of External Affairs) and we are looking for a dynamic, motivated, team player who is committed to our cause and has a track record of delivering results.
We value the ability to serve fellows from a broad range of cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, abilities and orientations. Therefore, we prioritize applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits diversity brings to a professional social entrepreneurship community. The successful candidate will be an equity-minded individual committed to collaborating with an internal team and external community partners who are also committed to closing equity gaps.
Must be available to meet with donors and partners regularly in New York, New York.
- Contribute to the design and execution of Echoing Green's strategic fundraising plans
- Expand Echoing Green’s corporate and foundation fundraising pipeline; generate new and increase current revenue by identifying and cultivating prospective funders and by developing and implementing strategies to increase current giving levels
- Lead corporate and foundation gift efforts by developing and maintaining relationships with corporate and foundation donors; steward regional major gifts and ensure donors are informed of the impact of their generosity
- Manage an annual portfolio of 75-100 donors/prospects with annual goals for visitations and outcomes to secure unrestricted corporate and foundation grants for the Racial Equity Philanthropic Fund
- Manage and mentor a Corporate and Foundations Coordinator or Associate
- Proactively manage corporate and foundation grant requests with the ability to own projects as well as know when to effectively delegate tasks
- Manage a menu of Employee Engagement opportunities and work cross functionally with the Programs team to ensure alignment on deliverables and availability of said opportunities, with the goal of engaging 10,000 employees over the next 3 years
- Lead, write, and manage all proposal and grant report writing, with support from a Coordinator or Associate, for corporate and foundation grant requests
- Represent Echoing Green and its mission when speaking to corporate and foundation representatives ensuring alignment between organizational mission and funder expectations
- 5 years of work experience plus demonstrated experience with corporations and foundations in a development capacity
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent relationship management and negotiation skills
- Advanced research skills and attention to detail
- Strong copy-editing skill set
- Proven ability to meet deadlines with competing timelines
- Collaborative, flexible, and well-suited to participating in an entrepreneurial, collegial environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish effective working relationships with staff at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Alignment with the mission and vision of Echoing Green
Base salary starting at $85,000 annually.
Echoing Green offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, and a 403(b)-retirement savings plan with an employer match.
As an equal opportunity employer, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.