About Echoing Green
Echoing Green identifies tomorrow’s transformational leaders today. Through its Fellowships and other innovative leadership initiatives, Echoing Green spots emerging leaders and invests deeply in their success to accelerate their impact.
Echoing Green has been ahead of the curve for 30 years, supporting visionary leaders around the world who are transforming their communities by addressing challenges in focus areas related to economic development, racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Since its founding, Echoing Green has provided more than $45 million in funding to over 800+ Fellows who have worked in more than 86 countries and 39 U.S. states.
They’ve established a global community of emerging leaders who have launched Teach For America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Last Mile Health, Hot Bread Kitchen, Public Allies, and hundreds of others. These organizations have leveraged Echoing Green’s seed investment to raise more than $5 billion in public and private funding. Echoing Green unleashes outstanding potential by tracking down the best and the brightest leaders, bringing them together, and launching them on their path to success.
Those who work at Echoing Green have a front-row seat to the brightest leaders with the most innovative ideas driving social progress across the world. The team is fired up to be their partners, their advocates, and their biggest champions.
For more information on Echoing Green, please visit www.echoinggreen.org.
The Events Associate is a non-exempt entry-level position in the Communications Department, reporting to the Deputy Director of Communications & Global Engagements.
This role will support the planning and execution of Echoing Green’s events and engagements across all audiences. This function includes project management, logistics coordination, administrative tasks, writing, and storytelling. A successful candidate will be highly organized and detail-oriented, proactive, and interested in using events as an experiential storytelling vehicle for Echoing Green’s growing community.
Convening our Fellows and members of our community is an essential part of Echoing Green’s mission. From elevating stories of leaders, communities, and organizations driving change, to creating opportunities to cultivate new connections and share knowledge, we design our engagements to deepen understanding and connect people to resources they can use to help transform the status quo. Events include traditional fundraisers, programmatic workshops, webinars, panels, and summits. While we are convening virtually due to the pandemic, we seek someone in this position who could also support future in-person events.
- This position will manage all aspects of event logistics with the deputy director’s oversight to develop on-brand, meaningful touchpoints for Echoing Green’s community.
- Draft copy for event materials and correspondence, speaker briefings, and staffing guidance
- Serve as an assistant producer for rehearsals and live events; this includes host or moderator duties and the administration of event systems for virtual and in-person engagements, including webinar software, attendee check-in tech, and polling tools
- Partner with other communications team members to contribute to event marketing plans by building and maintain invitation lists, collecting partner assets and other collateral
- As a project manager, work with all internal teams to keep projects running on time and to goal. This includes coordinating and setting event planning agendas for cross-team meetings
- Monitor and evaluate event results and work with the deputy director to recommend improvements across the event portfolio with regard to process and event execution in alignment with organizational goals. This will include survey administration and reporting, stakeholder debriefs, and research on trends and tools to contribute to event improvements over time
- Track events-related contracts, invoices, and payment processing, and oversee database administration
- Maintain the organization-wide events calendar, organize the events mailbox, and catalog events documents and files in the team’s shared drive
- Source, vet, and liaise with event vendors and suppliers (including designers, venue managers, travel agents) for virtual and potential in-person engagements
- At least 1 year of demonstrated experience in event planning and/or event management
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Previous experience writing marketing copy is a bonus but not required
- Interest in building relationships and engaging with a range of audiences
- Demonstrated experience managing projects toward clear objectives
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time with competing deadlines
- Demonstrated creativity, critical-thinking skills, and resourcefulness
- Highly computer literate and skilled in using office processing tools such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience with or interest in learning tools used for event management, including CRM tools such as Salesforce, marketing tools such as Campaign Monitor, webinar software such as Zoom, and others
- Well-suited to participating in an entrepreneurial, collegial, and collaborative environment. Should be team-oriented, constructive, and flexible
- Deep interest in building inclusive environments for Echoing Green engagements
- Passion for Echoing Green’s mission and commitment to advancing racial equity through our work
Base Salary: $46,000 – 47,500 per year
Echoing Green offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, and a 403(b)-retirement savings plan with an employer match.
As an equal opportunity employer, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.