About Echoing Green
Echoing Green identifies tomorrow’s transformational leaders today. Through its Fellowships and other innovative leadership initiatives, Echoing Green spots emerging leaders and invests deeply in their success to accelerate their impact.
Echoing Green has been ahead of the curve for 30 years, supporting visionary leaders around the world who are transforming their communities by addressing challenges in focus areas related to economic development, racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Since its founding, Echoing Green has provided more than $45 million in funding to over 800+ Fellows who have worked in more than 86 countries and 39 U.S. states.
In June 2020, Echoing Green launched a $50M Racial Equity Philanthropic Fund. Echoing Green has spent the last 30+ years driving progress on racial equity, and with this initiative, they’re committed to making bold, increased strategic investments in their racial equity work.
Echoing Green’s Investments Team is directly responsible for delivering on the Racial Equity Philanthropic Fund’s goals. The Investment team will be responsible for setting the strategy, cultivating the pipeline, and running program operations required to financially invest in 500 social enterprises focused on racial equity in the U.S. and globally as well as for building onramps to social innovation for 5,000 leaders focused on racial equity.
For more information on Echoing Green, please visit www.echoinggreen.org.
The Program Assistant is a non-exempt entry-level position supporting the work of the Investments team. Reporting to the Director of Investments, the Program Assistant provides administrative support for the team, particularly focused on systems, programmatic operations, and administration.
The ideal candidate is excited about inclusive application processes, equitable investments, operations, data, and administration. Echoing Green is looking for a highly organized, detail-oriented, problem-solver and systems-thinker who will support internal systems, processes and operations required to grow our pipeline of applicants, run our Fellow selection process, and re-invest capital in our Fellows.
Operations and Administration
- Maintain and update departmental files, documents, and procedures
- Provide data support for all verticals in Salesforce, updating contact records, creating campaigns, and exporting reports
- Liaise with Finance and Portfolio teams to ensure that there is a smooth transition from successful applicant to new Fellow status
- Maintain and support the new Fellow stipend process and Follow-on-Funding grant payments processes
- To track and process the disbursal of stipends and other investments on a quarterly basis
- Work closely with the Finance team to ensure that all stipends and Follow-on-Funding payments are paid and disbursed in a timely fashion
- Track incoming Fiscal Sponsorship requests from Echoing Green Fellows and run the process from request to funding disbursed
- Support the Recoverable Grant operations by surveying Fellows and then tracking data updates from Fellows and supporting as needed in the repayment process
- Support the process for collecting Fellow data from reports and other sources; track and manage data as needed
- Join and take detailed notes at Investments Team meetings and other sub-team meetings (as directed); responsible for tracking to-dos to support the Director in ensuring accountability and collaboration across the team
- Support the processes for making decisions on new Fellows and follow-on investments by building application portals and review forms in our tracking system Survey Monkey Apply
- Assist in the screening, decision-making, and due diligence review of Fellowship applications and follow-on investment decisions
- Liaise with key staff across sub-teams and departments to successfully execute all deliverables required to complete application review process or investment decision-making
- Assist in the preparation and execution of Echoing Green events, including recruitment workshops, selection meetings, and Fellow gatherings (as needed)
- Work with the Investments Team on special projects and research as directed
- Interest in social innovation, social justice, and international development
- Insight into dynamics around oppression and identity, power, and privilege domestically and globally
- Experience or aptitude for scheduling
- Exceptional use of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets)
- Experience with or interest in learning tools such as Salesforce, Survey Monkey Apply, Form Assembly, Conga Sign and others
- Ability to take direction and execute with moderate oversight
- A “super-fan” of tools, systems, and scheduling with a deep desire for supporting the work of a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment that is committed to meeting rigorous deadlines.
- Collaborative, flexible, and well-suited to participating in an entrepreneurial, collegial environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish effective working relationships with staff at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner
- Discretion to handle proprietary and/or confidential materials and information
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Alignment with the mission and vision of Echoing Green
- Base salary starting at $40,000 annually.
- Echoing Green offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, and a 403(b)-retirement savings plan with an employer match.
- As an equal opportunity employer, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.