About Echoing Green
Echoing Green identifies tomorrow’s transformational leaders today. Through its Fellowships and other innovative leadership initiatives, Echoing Green spots emerging leaders and invests deeply in their success to accelerate their impact.
Echoing Green has been ahead of the curve for 30 years, supporting visionary leaders around the world who are transforming their communities by addressing challenges in focus areas related to economic development, racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Since its founding, Echoing Green has provided more than $45 million in funding to over 800+ Fellows who have worked in more than 86 countries and 39 U.S. states.
In June 2020, Echoing Green launched a $50M Racial Equity Philanthropic Fund. Echoing Green has spent the last 30+ years driving progress on racial equity, and with this initiative, they’re committed to making bold, increased strategic investments in their racial equity work.
Echoing Green’s Investments Team is directly responsible for delivering on the Racial Equity Philanthropic Fund’s goals. The Investment team will be responsible for setting the strategy, cultivating the pipeline, and running program operations required to financially invest in 500 social enterprises focused on racial equity in the U.S. and globally as well as for building onramps to social innovation for 5,000 leaders focused on racial equity.
For more information on Echoing Green, please visit www.echoinggreen.org.
Reporting to the Director of Investments, the Outreach Strategist will lead the planning and year-round execution of recruitment efforts and pipeline building programming to support Echoing Green in cultivating a diverse and robust pipeline of candidates and outreach partners.
The ideal candidate is a skilled program manager and community builder who is excited to support the Director of Investments in building a robust new recruitment and pipeline building program. Echoing Green is looking for someone with experience building or running community outreach programs for BIPOC leaders, cultivating partnerships, facilitating workshops, and with a keen interest in identifying and supporting the organization to achieve recruitment targets set by the Racial Equity Philanthropic Fund.
- Ensuring that our recruitment efforts and pipeline building program are culturally relevant, fair, and yield the most impactful candidates for Echoing Green and broader social impact space
- Build meaningful relationships with potential applicants and partners, focusing primarily on creating pathways for BIPOC early-stage leaders
- Develop programming and materials to support early-stage leaders in their social entrepreneurship journey and through the Fellowship application process
- Develop guidance materials for application reviewers and judges to ensure alignment with our values and desired impact
- Lead in the planning, design, and execution of recruitment efforts (for applicants, reviewers, mentors, judges, etc.)
- Identify recruitment goals and then design and manage strategy to meet said goals.
- Assist in the screening, decision-making, and due diligence review of Fellowship applications and follow-on investment decisions
- Manage the preparation, logistics, and execution of Echoing Green events, including onramps programming and recruitment workshops
- Manage task forces and liaise with key staff across sub-teams and departments to successfully execute all deliverables
- Support the Investments Team on special projects and research as directed
Relationship Management and Communications
- Cultivate and manage organizational partnerships domestically and internationally that will assist Echoing Green in diversifying our pipeline of applicants both by sharing our opportunity with their networks or by supporting our application review process
- Develop culturally competent and inclusive programming curriculum and key messages (guidance materials, workshops, trainings) for early-stage stage leaders and partners
- Facilitate pipeline building workshops and community gatherings
- Oversee correspondence and relationship management with applicants, volunteers, corporate partners, and other constituents in the Echoing Green community
- Represent Echoing Green at events with prospective applicants and external partners
- Experience and certifications equivalent to a mid-tier professional with 5-7 years of direct working experience in program management, recruitment, and community outreach
- Experience and interest in social innovation, social justice, and international development
- Insight into dynamics around oppression and identity, power, and privilege domestically and globally
- Understanding of the experiences of, and structural obstacles facing, BIPOC entrepreneurs
- Program management expertise
- Comfort and excitement for facilitation and public speaking
- Aptitude for partner cultivation and management
- Experience or interest in building and managing community online and in-person
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, in addition to a desire for and experience with working in high-performing teams
- Strong ability to multitask, plan and prioritize responsibilities
- Exceptional use of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Google Docs/Sheets
- Experience with or interest in learning tools such as Salesforce, Survey Monkey Apply, Form Assembly, Conga Sign and others
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment that is committed to meeting rigorous deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish effective working relationships with staff at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability and interest in cultivating meaningful relationships with stakeholders outside of Echoing Green
- Collaborative, flexible, and well-suited to participating in an entrepreneurial, collegial environment
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and strong worth ethic; a willingness to take initiative
- Interest in cross sector partnerships and collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Comfortable with 35-40% travel (when possible) to conferences and workshops especially during peak recruitment seasons
- Deep alignment with the mission and vision of Echoing Green
- Base Salary: $65,000 – 70,000 per year.
- Echoing Green offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, and a 403(b)-retirement savings plan with an employer match.
- As an equal opportunity employer, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.