About Echoing Green
Echoing Green identifies tomorrow’s transformational leaders today. Through its Fellowships and other innovative leadership initiatives, Echoing Green spots emerging leaders and invests deeply in their success to accelerate their impact.
Echoing Green has been ahead of the curve for 30 years, supporting visionary leaders around the world who are transforming their communities by addressing challenges in focus areas related to economic development, racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Since its founding, Echoing Green has provided more than $45 million in funding to over 800+ Fellows who have worked in more than 86 countries and 39 U.S. states.
They’ve established a global community of emerging leaders who have launched Teach for America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Last Mile Health, Hot Bread Kitchen, Public Allies, and hundreds of others. These organizations have leveraged Echoing Green’s seed investment to raise more than $5 billion in public and private funding. Echoing Green unleashes unexpected potential by tracking down the best and the brightest leaders, bringing them together, and launching them on their path to success.
Those who work at Echoing Green have a front row seat to the brightest leaders with the most innovative ideas driving social progress across the world. They are fired up to be their partners, their advocates, and their biggest champions.
For more information on Echoing Green, please visit www.echoinggreen.org.
The Development Coordinator is a non-exempt entry-level position supporting the work of the Development Department, reporting to the Manager, Development. The Development Coordinator works closely with other members of the Development Department as well as colleagues across the organization to fulfill this role.
The Development Coordinator is critical to the Development Department s success in meeting Echoing Green's goals. This is a fantastic position for a career-oriented individual who is passionate about fundraising and interested in opportunities to gain experience and exposure to major institutional and individual donors, data management, fundraising operations, and event planning. We are a small Development Department, and it is essential that the Development Coordinator be willing to roll up his/her sleeves and work efficiently to meet our annual revenue targets.
Administration and Database:
- Administer the Development Department s usage of our database, Salesforce, including record maintenance and data entry
- Manage the Development Department s financial and gift processing systems, including prompt data entry of projections, pledges, and gifts received, tracking donor correspondence, generating gift acknowledgment letters, and reconciling records with Finance Department
- Maintain departmental files, documents, and procedures
Communications, Event Planning and Donor Engagement:
- Assist in the in-house logistical planning of special events (including managing guest list, supporting registration, and coordinating production of materials), particularly Echoing Green s 500-person annual blockbuster event
- Act as the Development Department liaison with other departments to support cross-functional projects and processes, including e-communications to our donor audience, and coordination of usage of online platforms like Campaign Monitor and FormAssembly
- Create, edit, and/or proofread a broad range of Echoing Green materials for current and prospective donors
- Create revenue forecasting reports and analysis for the Board of Directors, the Development Committee, and the Development Department as needed
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research and create profiles on prospective individual and institutional donors
- Work with Development Department on special projects as needed
- 1-2 years nonprofit work experience (development experience a plus)
- Bachelor s Degree or equivalent
- Interest in fundraising and donor engagement
- Experience with or interest in learning tools such as Salesforce and Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Collaborative, flexible, and well-suited to participating in an entrepreneurial, collegial environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish effective working relationships with staff at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Alignment with the mission and vision of Echoing Green
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Echoing Green offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, and a 403(b)-retirement savings plan with an employer match.
Some travel may be required.
As an equal opportunity employer, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.