EBANX is a global fintech founded in 2012 with a mission to be the leading payments partner in rising markets. With its own technology and infrastructure, combined with in-depth knowledge of the Latin American market, EBANX allows these companies to connect to hundreds of payment methods in different countries in the region. And it goes further, creating results for businesses and simple shopping experiences for consumers.
From the beginning of our journey, we have an important mission: to give access. And this is not just about our products and services, but it goes through everything we are and do. We believe that it is only possible to innovate with diversity, so we cherish differences in gender, race, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion and age. Plurality is what makes our Big Dream possible.
We are called ebankers and we are changing the way people buy, connect, and live globally. Let's make history together?
You will work in a team of experienced developers and be responsible for maintaining a platform that processes millions of transactional requests every day. We cultivate an engineering culture that values and promotes sustainable quality, continuous delivery, high availability, quick feedback and meritocracy.
As an EBANX developer you will be responsible for:
- Writing and testing code in an incremental, agile and well-documented way;
- Doing thorough code-reviews and help your teammates with complex designs and architectural decisions;
- Testing and following your code to production continuously;
- Developing new tools to help facilitate all of your team's work;
- Interacting with colleagues from different departments like Product, Finance, Risk and Business Development;
- Working on strategic projects for EBANX;
- Evolving and deciding the future of our payments platform;
- A system of high availability (+ 99.9%) and with high throughput (100+ TPS), written in PHP, and MySQL (yes, it is possible :smile:). Don't know PHP? No problems, the important thing is to master the basics!
What is indispensable for the job?
- Proven experience of at least 5 years designing, implementing and deploying software solutions to production; the stack is not relevant, we are ready to teach it to new teammates if necessary;
- Interest in subjects such as data structures, concurrency, persistence and distributed systems;
- Expertise in git or any other collaborative version control system;
- A vision for software quality, evolution of systems, decomposition of problems and abstractions;
- A great ability to learn new practices, technologies, programming languages and absorbing engineering culture;
- Advanced English (read, write and speak);
What would we love to see?
- Passion for software, you go to sleep and wake up thinking about how to make that part of the system more elegant or efficient;
- Fluent English, we have customers from all around the world and it is commonplace for us to speak and write English when helping, supporting and writing specifications with them;
- Software development expertise in any complementary area to our core business, such as: data warehouses, specialized development platforms, infrastructure automation, services provisioning, real-time systems, fault tolerant systems and mission critical systems;
- Experience with deploying to and monitoring a cloud infrastructure especially AWS.
- Experience with computer networks, latency, package loss, routing optimization, monitoring and problem solving;
- Full knowledge of SQL and relational databases;
- Test driven development: you don't even remember how to code without a very extensive test coverage; You often write the tests first and then the code.
- Expertise in at least one functional or logic programming language -- besides SQL ;)
- Comfortable with challenges of concurrency problems and has already worked in distributed and asynchronous systems;
- Knowledge of data replication and conciliation;
What are we going to offer so you can do an amazing job?
- Sustainable work pace: 40 hours a week of an accelerated but not frenetic rhythm - no marathons or sleepless nights; The focus is on working smarter.
- The best tools money can buy so you can be productive in your work; (Macbook, Jetbrains licenses, Slack, Github, TravisCI, NewRelic, DataDog, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Tableau amongst others)
- Deep and fast code reviews for any of your pull requests - You will also do a lot of them :)
- Constant discussions about our practices and systems, everybody that wants to speak out is always heard and we are always open to new ideas, practices and tools;
- You will be free to dedicate part of your time to improve our systems and implement quality features that make us more efficient or less error prone;
- Frequent, fair and transparent performance evaluations - all developers are evaluated with the same system and have access to the same career development opportunities;
- A challenging environment, with opportunities to grow;
- Casual office and flexible dress code;
- Spanish, English and Portuguese classes;
- WAVES - Program of goals and results (variable compensation);
- EBANX Play - Wellness (Gympass, e-Sports, SESC );
- Semi flexible hours (8 hours a day - Monday to Friday);
- Meal Allowance;
- Transportation voucher (if needed);
- EBANX Education: scholarship;
- EBANX Skills: budget for workshops and courses;
- EBANX Flexible: monthly Day Off from February to November, birthday Day Off and Rest up Month - one month of paid leave every three years of work anniversary.
- EBANX Family: Daycare assistance, extended leave for caregivers and support program for children and pregnant women;
- EBANX Health: Health and Dental Insurance, with subsidy for dependents, and medicine subsidy for ebankers;
- Life Insurance: Life Insurance 100% paid by EBANX
- Hello ebanker: psychology, finance and legal orientation.
- Blue Club: Exclusive discount for ebankers in bakeries, restaurants, courses, electronics store and more!