EBANX is a global fintech founded in 2012 with a mission to connect global and regional companies to consumers in Latin America. With its own technology and infrastructure, combined with in-depth knowledge of the Latin American market, EBANX allows these companies to connect to hundreds of payment methods in different countries in the region. And it goes further, creating results for businesses and simple shopping experiences for consumers.
From the beginning of our journey, we have an important mission: to give access. And this is not just about our products and services, but it goes through everything we are and do. We believe that it is only possible to innovate with diversity, so we cherish differences in gender, race, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion and age. Plurality is what makes our Big Dream possible.
We are called ebankers and we are changing the way people buy, connect, and live globally. Let's make history together?
As a Software Engineering Specialist, you will be part of EBANX's core technical team. Our group owns the entire cross-border and local payment processing platforms.
The payment platform is the flagship product of EBANX. Our team is responsible for its development, expansion, and evolution, alongside balancing the requirements and projects for other vital areas such as Product, Commercial, and Operations.
What you will do:
- You will be required to promote an engineering culture that cherishes high quality and flexible code to foster a culture of excellence;
- Actively promote the development of our technical leadership pipeline;
- Sponsor the development and evolution of internal tools and practices to achieve all above;
What is indispensable for the job?
- Proven experience of at least 7 years designing, implementing, and deploying software solutions to production, including at least 2 years of experience as a technical leader;
- Proven experience of at least 5 years with Object-oriented programming (Java and Spring mostly);
- Vision for software quality, the evolution of systems, decomposition of problems and abstractions;
- Ability to learn new practices, technologies, programming languages and absorbing engineering culture;
- Knowledge in subjects such as data structures, concurrency, persistence, and distributed systems;
What would we love to see?
- Software development expertise in any complementary area to our core business, such as data warehouses, specialized development platforms, infrastructure automation, services provisioning, real-time systems, fault-tolerant systems, and mission-critical systems;
- Experience with deploying to and monitoring a cloud infrastructure especially AWS;
- Experience with computer networks, latency, package loss, routing optimization, monitoring, and problem-solving;
- Full knowledge of SQL and relational databases;
- Test-driven development;
- Expertise in at least one functional or logic programming language -- besides SQL ;)
- Comfortable with challenges of concurrency problems and has already worked in distributed and asynchronous systems;
What are we going to offer so you can do an amazing job?
- Sustainable work pace: 40 solid hours a week of an accelerated but not frenetic rhythm - almost no marathons or sleepless nights; The focus is on working smarter.
- Company provided toolset so you can be productive in your work; (Macbook, Jetbrains licenses, Slack, Discord, Zoom, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jenkins, DataDog, Rollbar, ElasticSearch, Kibana, SonarQube)
- Code reviews for any of your pull requests - You will also do a lot of them :)
- Constant discussions about our practices and systems, everybody that wants to speak out will be heard and we are open to new ideas, practices, and tools;
- You will be free to dedicate part of your time to improve our systems and implement quality features that make us more efficient or less error-prone;
- Bi-annual performance evaluations;
- A challenging environment, with opportunities to grow;
- Casual office and dress code;
- Spanish, English and Portuguese classes;
- WAVES - Program of goals and results (variable compensation);
- EBANX Play - Wellness (Gympass, e-Sports, SESC );
- Semi flexible hours (8 hours a day - Monday to Friday);
- Meal Allowance;
- Transportation voucher (if needed);
- EBANX Education: scholarship;
- EBANX Skills: budget for workshops and courses;
- EBANX Flexible: monthly Day Off from February to November, birthday Day Off and Rest up Month - one month of paid leave every three years of work anniversary.
- EBANX Family: Daycare assistance, extended leave for caregivers and support program for children and pregnant women;
- EBANX Health: Health and Dental Insurance, with subsidy for dependents, and medicine subsidy for ebankers;
- Life Insurance: Life Insurance 100% paid by EBANX
- Hello ebanker: psychology, finance and legal orientation.
- Blue Club: Exclusive discount for ebankers in bakeries, restaurants, courses, electronics store and more!