EBANX is a global fintech that emerged in 2012 with the mission of connecting companies to Latin America, facilitating payments on international sites such as Aliexpress, Sony, Spotify, and many others. As we grew, our portfolio also expanded and we went beyond payment methods. Today we offer solutions in local processing for Brazilian companies and different products and services for our final consumers. We are called ebankers and we are changing the way people buy, connect, and live globally. Do you want to join our Big Dream and be part of this team?
You will work in a team of experienced developers and be responsible for maintaining a platform that processes millions of transactional requests every day. We cultivate an engineering culture that values and promotes sustainable quality, continuous delivery, high availability, quick feedback and meritocracy.
As an EBANX developer you will be responsible for:
- Writing and testing code in an incremental, agile and well-documented way;
- Doing thorough code-reviews and help your teammates with complex designs and architectural decisions;
- Testing and following your code to production continuously;
- Developing new tools to help facilitate all of your team's work;
- Interacting with colleagues from different departments like Product, Finance, Risk and Business Development;
- Working on strategic projects for EBANX;
- Evolving and deciding the future of our payments platform;
- A system of high availability (+ 99.9%) and with high throughput (100+ TPS), written in PHP, and MySQL (yes, it is possible :smile:). Don't know PHP? No problems, the important thing is to master the basics!
What is indispensable for the job?
- Proven experience of at least 3 years designing, implementing and deploying software solutions to production; the stack is not relevant, we are ready to teach it to new teammates if necessary;
- Interest in subjects such as data structures, concurrency, persistence and distributed systems;
- Expertise in git or any other collaborative version control system;
- A vision for software quality, evolution of systems, decomposition of problems and abstractions;
- A great ability to learn new practices, technologies, programming languages and absorbing engineering culture;
- Advanced English (read, write and speak);
What would we love to see?
- Experience with deploying to and monitoring a cloud infrastructure especially AWS.
- Experience with computer networks, latency, package loss, routing optimization, monitoring and problem solving;
- Full knowledge of SQL and relational databases;
- Test driven development: you don't even remember how to code without a very extensive test coverage; You often write the tests first and then the code.
- Expertise in at least one functional or logic programming language -- besides SQL ;)
- Comfortable with challenges of concurrency problems and has already worked in distributed and asynchronous systems;
- Knowledge of data replication and conciliation;
What are we going to offer so you can do an amazing job?
- Sustainable work pace: 40 hours a week of an accelerated but not frenetic rhythm - no marathons or sleepless nights; The focus is on working smarter.
- The best tools money can buy so you can be productive in your work; (Macbook, Jetbrains licenses, Slack, Github, TravisCI, NewRelic, DataDog, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Tableau amongst others)
- Deep and fast code reviews for any of your pull requests - You will also do a lot of them :)
- Constant discussions about our practices and systems, everybody that wants to speak out is always heard and we are always open to new ideas, practices and tools;
- You will be free to dedicate part of your time to improve our systems and implement quality features that make us more efficient or less error prone;
- Frequent, fair and transparent performance evaluations - all developers are evaluated with the same system and have access to the same career development opportunities;
- A challenging environment, with opportunities to growth;
- Casual office and dress code;
- Spanish, English and Portuguese classes;
- WAVES - Program of goals and results (variable compensation);
- EBANX Play - Wellness (Gympass, e-Sports, SESC );
- Semi flexible hours (8 hours a day - Monday to Friday);
- Meal Allowance;
- Transportation voucher (if needed);
- EBANX Education: scholarship;
- EBANX Skills: budget for workshops and courses;
- Hello ebanker: psychology, finance and legal orientation.
- Health and Dental Insurance;
- Blue Club: Exclusive discount for ebankers in bakeries, restaurants, courses, electronics store and more!
Follow us on Instagram and look for the hashtag #ebanxlife to learn more about EBANX's culture.